Previous UK government ‘covered up’ financial turmoil ahead of election

That the country was fucked yes but you dont know exactly the numbers till you get your hands on the books
I don't know about you, but I think that to do a proper audit of UK finances would take longer than three weeks, after all they will be far more complex than a larg companies, and their audits can take months.

Plenty of economists were pointing this out in public before the elections. As someone already stated, thre Tories lied about it, but Labour lied by omission. It's still lies !

It's complex. But we are clearly a country that is struggling to maintain itself adequately. And also a country that likes to pose as a Great Power. We can't afford that anymore. We need to start transitioning to what we actually are, a middling European state, and stop fucking about pretending we could take on China if we felt like it.

I would make a start by reviewing the many military bases we have around the globe. Last time I heard there were well over a hundred. All else apart, every single one costs us foreign currency to maintain. I'd certainly forget spending billions on Westminster. Move out to somewhere cheaper and install modern voting systems.

I don't know about you, but I think that to do a proper audit of UK finances would take longer than three weeks, after all they will be far more complex than a larg companies, and their audits can take months.

Plenty of economists were pointing this out in public before the elections. As someone already stated, thre Tories lied about it, but Labour lied by omission. It's still lies !
Labour lies haven't killed a few hundred thousand people yet.

With regards to the figures it wouldn't surprise me if the civil service had them for months before the GE and the new government wanted to see them.

They could audit all the numbers that were made public in advance then fill in the details in three weeks ,they have a good grasp of what is going on, they have been extremely smart so far

It's not a full audit really. There's clearly a mix of what was already known before the election, and areas where they expected to find the reality didn't quite match the figures.

There's certainly truth in the statements about the books already being open, but I notice that there's a bit of backtracking on that, as not being able to reveal the full picture if the spending presented didn't actually cover the promises previously made.

Civil servants will have been asked which programmes are having problems, and which ones they don't know where the money will come from. I expect that kind of 'black hole' almost always exists, but then we all know services are currently pretty grim, and Labour need to manage expectations of what can be done quickly.

Those two NI cuts - especially the 2nd one - were just laying traps for Labour - they knew they were fucked and were going to lose so that was salting the earth for Labour.

Post loss Hunt himself has said they didn't have the money to fund the tax cuts promised in their manifesto.

Those two NI cuts - especially the 2nd one - were just laying traps for Labour - they knew they were fucked and were going to lose so that was salting the earth for Labour.

Post loss Hunt himself has said they didn't have the money to fund the tax cuts promised in their manifesto.
Scorched earth policy ,i think they have underestimated rachel though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.