Previous UK government ‘covered up’ financial turmoil ahead of election

There, edited for you
The difference with doctors is that a huge number of newly qualified doctors immediately emigrate to Canada and Australia due to the better pay and conditions in those countries. Addressing this can only help the NHS and consequently the general public. Other public workers aren’t as sought after in other countries so the same pressures don’t apply to give them large pay rises.

Yes. I don't think you needed to be an economist, fortune teller or have a direct line to the chancellor to realise the country is fucked.
I think most of us realised that starmers promise of 'change' was bollocks unless he raised taxes, but the tax burden is already huge

It's not high enough on those with the broadest shoulders. They need to pay their fair share after making away with the cash during the austerity years.

I don’t believe anything was covered up…the shadow chancellor would have been in the know.

I think this is just a sideshow whilst Labour moans about having to raise taxes to fill a £20Billion void on one side whilst dishing out loads of cash to all and sundry on the other…..I expect the tax payer will have to foot the bill as usual despite already having the highest tax burden in half a century..

Reactions: PPT
The difference with doctors is that a huge number of newly qualified doctors immediately emigrate to Canada and Australia due to the better pay and conditions in those countries. Addressing this can only help the NHS and consequently the general public. Other public workers aren’t as sought after in other countries so the same pressures don’t apply to give them large pay rises.
I think it costs around £250k to train a doctor so maybe they should have to pay that back by working in the NHS for at least 5 years?

When a former employer of mine paid for an MBA I had to commit to them for a number of years post study…

I don’t believe anything was covered up…the shadow chancellor would have been in the know.

I think this is just a sideshow whilst Labour moans about having to raise taxes to fill a £20Billion void on one side whilst dishing out loads of cash to all and sundry on the other…..I expect the tax payer will have to foot the bill as usual despite already having the highest tax burden in half a century..
IFS guy disagrees with you saying there were unknowns

Exactly this. Labour and Reeves are about as transparent as a sheet of Perspex.
And the sheep fall for it every time. Baaaaa!

I think it costs around £250k to train a doctor so maybe they should have to pay that back by working in the NHS for at least 5 years?

When a former employer of mine paid for an MBA I had to commit to them for a number of years post study…
Same for me. Five years payback on a sliding scale.

Exactly this. Labour and Reeves are about as transparent as a sheet of Perspex.
And the sheep fall for it every time. Baaaaa!

Spokesman for the IFS and a number of other economists have since given interviews saying the way it was feasible the way Reeves explained in her statement - furthermore they wouldn't give the OBR the numbers but expected the OBR to forecast in the way the Govt with holding the numbers wanted. If you listened to Reeves' speech and Hunts stuttering response you'd have got all that.

Go look in a mirror Shaun - you're the sheep

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.