Price of beer in Dublin pubs

Plus the you must have a guiness when you're in Dublin tax.
Temple Bar in the sunshine is nice. I get it. But as a Dub, wouldn’t be caught drinking down there.
There are really good cheaper places a stones throw from it.
Your still talking between €6-7 but walking distance of all you want in the centre.

get to the offy and back to digs with a carry out, no so-called 'craic' is worth being dry-bummed on price

Temple Bar in the sunshine is nice. I get it. But as a Dub, wouldn’t be caught drinking down there.
There are really good cheaper places a stones throw from it.
Your still talking between €6-7 but walking distance of all you want in the centre.

How are the prices elsewhere because next time i woukd like to head to another part of the country. It can be a right Ballache as a couple visiting Europe. With flights hotels and a round of drinks for 2 it becomes hard to justify the cost.

If you're heading over to Dublin, and are planning to have a beer or 4,steel yourselves.....

View attachment 127370

That's just under €48 (£40:50p at today's exchange rate) for three pints, a vodka and a red bull. Now, Temple Bar is one of the more extortionate areas of Dublin, but even so; that's not a big round. 4 drinks (assuming the Vodka and Red Bull will be coupled up).
Bargain for the Norwegians, Danish and Swiss.

Hmmmm.
Be careful at night, but believe it or not Molloys on the corner of the Lane you are on is, or was last time I was in it, a very well run early house.
Also a little further up Talbot Street is a good spot called The Celt. Live music and shouldn’t be extortionate.
Cheers.
Any recommendations for watching the match on Saturday?

How are the prices elsewhere because next time i woukd like to head to another part of the country. It can be a right Ballache as a couple visiting Europe. With flights hotels and a round of drinks for 2 it becomes hard to justify the cost.
Couldn't tell you, as I don't go to the pub. The nearest town is three miles away; no public transport on my road, so it's either taxi or driving. The latter means soft drinks or 00 variants. And taxis aren't that plentiful and certainly not cheap. No, thanks. I'll have my drinks at home, unless a mate is also thinking of going in. I think a Guinness might be somewhere between €5-6.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.