Price of beer in Dublin pubs

It would seem daft to go to Dublin and not go to temple bar and head to the outskirts. A bit like visiting Manchester and drinking in Openshaw.

The only answer is go to Lisbon. Why the fuck a guiness it almost twice the price of a kilkenny is beyond me. I went 20 years ago and it was great but the prices then stopped me ever going back.
Lisbon. Best place I have been.

Could be the lemon identifying as lime?

Bastards!
giphy.gif

How are the prices elsewhere because next time i woukd like to head to another part of the country. It can be a right Ballache as a couple visiting Europe. With flights hotels and a round of drinks for 2 it becomes hard to justify the cost.
Cork"s not a bad one to try for an away day. Good connections and also sells Beamish and Murphys.

Bloody hell!
1988 a group of us went to Denmark and we were paying something like 25p for a bottle of beer in the supermarket.
We went out one night to a bar in Aalborg, 4 of us, we go in and order four beers, the same bottles we were paying the equivalent of 25p for in the supermarket.
I had an unjust reputation for being a bit of a tight git, so I said I'd buy the first round.
The server came back with the 4 beers and a receipt for 100 Danish Krona - which was £10.
The other 3 were pissing themselves when they saw my face drop and when we had drank up and I said "whose round is it next?" the reply was "I'll get the next round from the supermarket on the way home" and off we all got up and left.
If it was £2.50 thirty-six years ago, I'd dread to think how much it is now!
20 years ago I met a Norwegian on same course as me at Salford uni. We drank most days and he would never let me buy a pint. And he was half my age and not from a rich family.

If you're heading over to Dublin, and are planning to have a beer or 4,steel yourselves.....

View attachment 127370

That's just under €48 (£40:50p at today's exchange rate) for three pints, a vodka and a red bull. Now, Temple Bar is one of the more extortionate areas of Dublin, but even so; that's not a big round. 4 drinks (assuming the Vodka and Red Bull will be coupled up).
To be fair, that’s not far off the prices we paid the last time I was in Dublin in 2019!

How are the prices elsewhere because next time i woukd like to head to another part of the country. It can be a right Ballache as a couple visiting Europe. With flights hotels and a round of drinks for 2 it becomes hard to justify the cost.
Try flying to Knock and visiting Sligo or Mayo Great scenery, great coastline, great craic.....and a little bit cheaper than Dublin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.