Prime Aguero or present Haaland

Two completely different players really but it has to be Aguero for me. Aguero was fantastic to watch and got involved everywhere whereas Haaland doesn't tend to do much except get the goals (A LOT of goals) but that's why we signed him.

What Alfies lad does, he does better than anyone in the modern game has ever done, but apart from that his game is limited. Sergio had far more to his armoury than just scoring goals, and he was no slouch at that either, so for me it's Aguero, but I'd rather have both

Aguero was more versatile but it took Haaland in an electrifying first season to take us to the Treble, even though he wasn't the most important player on the journey, he just gave us that something extra. It frustrates me sometimes that he isn't, but Haaland perhaps doesn't need to be more versatile because this might well be the greatest Manchester City side any of us will be privileged to see. If we go through dark times again, Haaland, however long he stays with us, will have contributed to growing the younger fanbase we will need to see us through the next fifty years. It was Aguero and David Silva who my kids fell in love as players as small children, but Haaland is more box office and a second generation Blue. And star quality and charisma is always part of the success of a club, right back to the game's earliest days. Aguero for the versatility, Haaland for the Treble and the romance.

I am lucky I have seen both (and Samaras :-( ). Hard to judge as things change, imagine if they had VAR back in the Aguerrroooo 93.20 day, 96.20 and they are still drawing lines.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.