Prime Aguero or present Haaland

Two completely different players really but it has to be Aguero for me. Aguero was fantastic to watch and got involved everywhere whereas Haaland doesn't tend to do much except get the goals (A LOT of goals) but that's why we signed him.

Spot on.

Are we taking injuries into account? Because Aguero would have score alot more if not for injuries.

Haaland & Aguero are both out-and-out strikers were they're judged by goals... So you cannot use the David Silva & Lampard example.

The whole "all around game" goes completely out of the window for Haaland with an outrageous level of goalscoring feats. Aguero's never came close to Haaland's level.

Every manager would pick Haaland who averaged almost 1 goal a game over Aguero's fancy "all-around game"...
The team has scored similar totals with both players, it's not a one man sport so I'm sitting on the fence on this one.

I'd have loved to see them both playing together.

Haaland is a machine …. Aguero was a beautiful piece of art

Imagine them playing together up front

I think even the biggest die-hard Aguero stans have to admit Haaland is easily a far, FAR superior player.

I dunno how people still thinks it's a conversation at this point.
KDB said Agüero was the best striker he's ever played with, and that was when Haaland was in the team.

I'll let him know The Viking thinks Haaland is easily a far, far superior player though.

I think even the biggest die-hard Aguero stans have to admit Haaland is easily a far, FAR superior player.

I dunno how people still thinks it's a conversation at this point.
It’s simple, he isn’t. They are both completely different players each superb in their own way. Lucky to have had both. Don’t really know why you are making such a nonsensical comparison!!

Haaland & Aguero are both out-and-out strikers were they're judged by goals... So you cannot use the David Silva & Lampard example.

The whole "all around game" goes completely out of the window for Haaland with an outrageous level of goalscoring feats. Aguero's never came close to Haaland's level.

Every manager would pick Haaland who averaged almost 1 goal a game over Aguero's fancy "all-around game"...

City were scoring 100+ goals a season with Aguero in the team and they aren't with Haaland. They also played significantly better football. Hence the "all round game" bit. Aguero also scores in big games and big moments whereas Haaland gets limited due to the quality and numbers of the opposition on him that Aguero could escape.

The point here is simple. You joined the forum about a year back and are called The Viking and I'm guessing that you're probably more of a Haaland fan than a City fan, and that's totally ok. But to claim that your favourite player is "FAR FAR superior" to a guy who helped build this football club, that we have an entire part of the ground named in reference to, with a massive statue of him front and centre outside the Etihad, and that there's "no argument to be had" is arrogant and condescending. You bumped a 4 month old thread in order to pick a fight so you're getting the response that you were trying to illicit.

Yes, there is very much an argument between Sergio and Haaland still and a lot of people don't fall down on the Haaland side despite his great record. You say that strikers are only judged on goals. I say that's 19th century thinking. If you take away Aguero's goals then he's a good attacking midfielder who could play in a Nasri type role. If you take away Haaland's goals then he's playing for Luton. He's scored more goals at 24 than Messi and Ronaldo did but if you ask every football fan in the world if Messi or Haaland was a better player at 24 then almost every one of them is picking Messi.

I love Haaland, he's probably my favourite City player now because I enjoy his personality and sense of humour in videos. I loved his Dad aswell and remember being gutted when he left. But the idea that he's far superior to a legend of this club and this league and there's no argument to be had on it is blinkered horseshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.