Prime Aguero or present Haaland

Please tell me you on crack without actually saying you on crack!
Now back to Earth.

Haaland is a superior GOAL SCORER. GOAL SCORER. GET IT? GOAL SCORER! GOAL MACHINE. CYBORG BUILT FOR GOALS.

AGUERO is clear of Haaland as an all round player, from touch, control to technical ability. Haaland has a touch of ******. Aguero plays beautiful football and he is involved in a lot of the moves and the build up.

Haaland is limited as a plyer, but what he does, he does well. What he lacks, he compensates in loads and loads and loads and loads of goals.

YOU STAN!
Good response IMHO this!

I think even the biggest die-hard Aguero stans have to admit Haaland is easily a far, FAR superior player.

I dunno how people still thinks it's a conversation at this point.
This is the EXACT type of rubbish I made a post about on the Phil Foden PFA thread

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/...team-of-the-year.365617/page-10#post-17430282

I just can't stand these viking this, viking that users. I am sorry

Fucking makes me mad when I see all these fanboy accounts here just because we signed their country man or some player they are obsessed with. It's like all the Mahrez fans who literally littered the pages of bluemoon with their take on how Mahrez was the best player here but wasn't respected enough by the manager and the fans. I love Haaland but I am sorry I can't take any "Viking" this or that account that joined up over the last 2 years seriously, just fuck off with that nonsense. How can any fan seriously say Walker's inclusion was a travesty?

Exactly, but under Pep, he is and will get even better with his all-round play!

I'm not exactly quite sure what his ceiling is on that. He will improve, yes. But he doesn't have a very good touch, to be honest, and he needs to improve his heading (signs that he has improved it, actually, by comparison with last season). He has ferocious acceleration — there was a through ball from, I think, Kev, on Saturday, and he just motored past the defender and onto it, didn't score in the end, I think the angle had become too difficult, but he left the defender for dead — and he is so strong that he simply can't be knocked off the ball when he's running with it. I've said in the past that he reminds me a bit of Jonah Lomu in that respect, taking account of the differences in the sport, of course.
For some reason, defenders seem to be allowed to simply pull him over in the box when he's waiting for crosses. Not exactly sure what the new rule is that allows them to do that. Maybe it's just the Manchester-City-must-be-stopped-at-all-costs rule.
Anyway, I think the jury's out on how much more he'll contribute to the team. Some of his lay-offs have been very good indeed. Listen, he scores cartloads of goals, and that's mainly what he came for.

Given a choice between watching Sergio and watching Erling, in pure footballing terms, it's not even close for me. Sergio, all day long. However, in the long run, and if he stays with us, he'll probably beat Sergio's record.

I think people are underestimating just how much better Haaland is as a goalscorer. For me, that more than makes up for the well-rounded game Agüero had.

Put it this way, at the stage of Agüero's city career that Haaland is at now - Agüero had scored 49 goals for City. Haaland scored 52 in his debut season alone.

It's quite hard to pick Aguero's prime year. If we go just on goals, it's 2016/17, with 33. But if we go on goals per game, it's probably Pellegrini's title-winning season, where he got 28 in 34. Seems a bit weird to pick a season where he was injured for a third of it and only got 17 league goals though.

But there are a few other factors. Firstly, it's worth mentioning that in that season, Yaya Toure was the one taking the penalties, so he's scoring almost a goal a game without penalties. You then also have to ask whether his all-round game makes up for the fact that he was (marginally) less prolific than Erling. Well one thing to look at there would be the whole team performance going forward, and 2013/14 was the season where we scored 156 goals in all competitions, breaking the record. You might also point to 2018/19, which is the current record, where Aguero scored 32 goals in 46 games, but the team as a whole scored a record 169 goals in a season winning the domestic treble. But then equally, Haaland spearheaded our attack to win the treble and two of our four in a row feat. And the 149 we scored last season and 151 the season before weren't exactly bad.

In conclusion, anyone saying that it's obvious either way is full of shit.

Haalane is the better scorer, but I'll take prime Aguero over Almost anyone other than Messi

Something about Prime Aguero I just love.

Not fair to Kun to compare him to one of the greatest CFs. 70 PL goals in 69 PL games. Out of this world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.