Prime Aguero or present Haaland

Aguero was not at his best under Pep. The question refers to Prime Sergio.
Pelle had (and slightly squandered) that but the version that Pep had was still pretty damn good.

Arguably, Kun could achieve more if he was more professional in training.

Think the main reason why he had those injuries was that he wasn't sufficiently professional in training and off the pitch. Pep wasn't impressed and benched him when Jesus arrived. There's no possible world where Pep benches Haaland.

The injuries that stopped Kun from scoring more than 33 goals in a season were probably avoidable with better training sessions. His goals to minutes record is great, second only to Haaland's in the PL. But the actual number of goals could have been higher.

Aguero was not at his best under Pep. The question refers to Prime Sergio.
Pelle had (and slightly squandered) that but the version that Pep had was still pretty damn good.
I reckon Kun had a more rounded and effective team game under Pep than he previously had. He developed a press that he’d never had before, he was also better at coming deep for the ball and linking up with his wingers.

I remenber Tevez once saying that when he and Kun played together, Kun would pass the ball to the wrong place on purpose so you had to pass it back to him. Also Kun said of his ‘Agüerooooo’ QPR goal that he thinks it might have been the first time all season that he dropped deep to receive the ball.

Did you miss watching the best ever PL team that averaged 99 points in 2 seasons under Pep's tutelage and a supply line of David Silva, KDB, Bernardo Silva, Sane and Sterling ?
The thread title says PRIME Aguero, Aguero also did much more work on other parts of play. If you remember Aguero had to adapt to Pep, Pep has had to adapt to Haaland.

Aguero was easily the better footballer Haaland is more of a physical specimen.

The thread title says PRIME Aguero, Aguero also did much more work on other parts of play. If you remember Aguero had to adapt to Pep, Pep has had to adapt to Haaland.

Aguero was easily the better footballer Haaland is more of a physical specimen.

IF Aguero could score as many goals as Haaland, there would be no need to adapt.

And it's wrong to explain the phenomenon that Haaland is with him being a physical specimen.

First, unlike most other strikers, he is a physical specimen because he's the ultimate professional and cares about his body day and night.

Second, Haaland's IQ and ability to concentrate is a major reason why he scores so many goals. Liverpool's Nunez has wonderful physical attributes, but he is not half the player Haaland is.

Reactions: kun
Arguably, Kun could achieve more if he was more professional in training.

Think the main reason why he had those injuries was that he wasn't sufficiently professional in training and off the pitch. Pep wasn't impressed and benched him when Jesus arrived. There's no possible world where Pep benches Haaland.

The injuries that stopped Kun from scoring more than 33 goals in a season were probably avoidable with better training sessions. His goals to minutes record is great, second only to Haaland's in the PL. But the actual number of goals could have been higher.
That really is unsubstantive guesswork. History shows us some players are just more prone to certain injuries. If you are prone to them the last thing you want to do is train harder.
With all the info available in sports science I'm pretty darn sure if there was a better way of doing it to prevent injuries the club and player would have done so.
Sergio, KDB Stones just pick up injuries easily. Frustrating all round but it's not new.

That really is unsubstantive guesswork. History shows us some players are just more prone to certain injuries. If you are prone to them the last thing you want to do is train harder.
With all the info available in sports science I'm pretty darn sure if there was a better way of doing it to prevent injuries the club and player would have done so.
Sergio, KDB Stones just pick up injuries easily. Frustrating all round but it's not new.

Pep seems to disagree with you. There were reports Pep wasn't happy with the way Aguero trained and performed in 16/17. Seems they were onto something, as he benched Aguero when Jesus arrived. After that Aguero pressed more without suffering more injuries than before...

IF Aguero could score as many goals as Haaland, there would be no need to adapt.

And it's wrong to explain the phenomenon that Haaland is with him being a physical specimen.

First, unlike most other strikers, he is a physical specimen because he's the ultimate professional and cares about his body day and night.

Second, Haaland's IQ and ability to concentrate is a major reason why he scores so many goals. Liverpool's Nunez has wonderful physical attributes, but he is not half the player Haaland is.
Wow where to start

First paragraph utter tosh, probably the most wrong thing I've ever heard on here. Pep probably knew Aguero had the footballing ability to change his game, he wanted the team to play a certain way it had fuck all to do with how many goals he scored. He wouldn't even try it with Haaland. He could add a bit but it will be different, we shall see. We just play differently now with a focal point. Football is not about which player scores the most goals, it's about the team. Look up how many goals we scored without Haaland in teams past.

It is unusual for such a tall player to also have a good amount of speed, he is a physical specimen. It's a compliment and isn't arguable. Because he cares about his body day and night? Yeah he was chubby short and slow before he decided to make himself taller and managed the miracle unknown to man and found a way to develop more fast twitch muscles. I will give you is pretty fit compared to all the other fat kebab eating pro footballers.

Nunez Nunez how the flying fuck did you miss that sitter, sorry I was just about to score and then I wondered what I was gonna have for my tea, I'm such a dope.

The one thing footballers have over us mere mortals is they are born with a talent and in Haalands case certain unusual physical attributes as well. Its not about better just different. They both have football talent it would be stupid to suggest otherwise.

Aguero got more of the football talent and Haaland more of the physical advantage. But the pair posses both.

Its not a slight on either. I just prefer the player with the most football talent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.