Prime Aguero or present Haaland

Wow where to start

First paragraph utter tosh, probably the most wrong thing I've ever heard on here. Pep probably knew Aguero had the footballing ability to change his game, he wanted the team to play a certain way it had fuck all to do with how many goals he scored. He wouldn't even try it with Haaland. He could add a bit but it will be different, we shall see. We just play differently now with a focal point. Football is not about which player scores the most goals, it's about the team. Look up how many goals we scored without Haaland in teams past.

It is unusual for such a tall player to also have a good amount of speed, he is a physical specimen. It's a compliment and isn't arguable. Because he cares about his body day and night? Yeah he was chubby short and slow before he decided to make himself taller and managed the miracle unknown to man and found a way to develop more fast twitch muscles. I will give you is pretty fit compared to all the other fat kebab eating pro footballers.

Nunez Nunez how the flying fuck did you miss that sitter, sorry I was just about to score and then I wondered what I was gonna have for my tea, I'm such a dope.

The one thing footballers have over us mere mortals is they are born with a talent and in Haalands case certain unusual physical attributes as well. Its not about better just different. They both have football talent it would be stupid to suggest otherwise.

Aguero got more of the football talent and Haaland more of the physical advantage. But the pair posses both.

Its not a slight on either. I just prefer the player with the most football talent.

You both overestimate natural gifts and underestimate hard work and professionalism in the extreme. Seems obvious why you can't appreciate Haaland's IQ :)

Pep seems to disagree with you. There were reports Pep wasn't happy with the way Aguero trained and performed in 16/17. Seems they were onto something, as he benched Aguero when Jesus arrived. After that Aguero pressed more without suffering more injuries than before...
I said training more wouldn't prevent the injuries. The main reason he played Jesus was because he wanted more of an all round player. Sergio adapted to that, it had fuck all to do with injuries.

I noticed you didn't say suffered less injuries with this training which is odd as that was your original point:-)

So he trained more and still got injuries I'm glad you have inadvertently agreed with me.

Present Haaland looks like a prime Haaland:) and prime Haaland is above literally anybody in terms of strikers evaluation. Aguero may compare obviously as a footballer overally, but at the end of the day football team contains several football players, who have various tasks. Haaland puts better numbers than Messi and Ronaldo.

Haaland puts better numbers than Messi and Ronaldo.

Not yet, Messi scored 73 club goals in one season and added many assists.

BUT, if Haaland continues to improve over the next 3-4 years, he may have a season like that. Think City are the best place for that, as Mbappe and Vin. Jr. won't help him hit Messi numbers.

I said training more wouldn't prevent the injuries. The main reason he played Jesus was because he wanted more of an all round player. Sergio adapted to that, it had fuck all to do with injuries.

I noticed you didn't say suffered less injuries with this training which is odd as that was your original point:-)

So he trained more and still got injuries I'm glad you have inadvertently agreed with me.

He actually made a point in Aguero's favour a little there. We have changed our style of play somewhat in order to get the best out of Haaland. Aguero had to adapt his play to us in order to get the best out of him.

You both overestimate natural gifts and underestimate hard work and professionalism in the extreme. Seems obvious why you can't appreciate Haaland's IQ :)
I would worry about your own IQ fella:-)

Please show me where I sneered at hard work and professionalism? You can't so don't make stuff up.

Overestimate talent? You don't think the most important thing an athlete has is their natural talent? Really? Pmsl

I appreciate Haaland a lot, you may have noticed the Nunez thing was about concentration not IQ which I'm putting down as you meaning movement and not quantum physics:'-)

By the way ex footballers ,managers, pundits and fans have all stated he is a fine physical specimen. People have even used the term freakish(in a complimentary way)
The only person who seems to think this isn't a huge advantage for him is you. I would contemplate that if I was you because it's making you look rather silly tbh.

Not yet, Messi scored 73 club goals in one season and added many assists.

BUT, if Haaland continues to improve over the next 3-4 years, he may have a season like that. Think City are the best place for that, as Mbappe and Vin. Jr. won't help him hit Messi numbers.
1725187161713.png

You can compare only what You can compare. Maybe later Haaland will have 100 goals season.

To be clear. Haaland is not Messi or prime Ronaldo football ability wise bar finishing. But hes football is not crap too. For me hes not worse than Ronaldo's second spell at Utd regarding ability with the ball for instance. And so far this season hes really improving in linking up play.

Please tell me you on crack without actually saying you on crack!
Now back to Earth.

Haaland is a superior GOAL SCORER. GOAL SCORER. GET IT? GOAL SCORER! GOAL MACHINE. CYBORG BUILT FOR GOALS.

AGUERO is clear of Haaland as an all round player, from touch, control to technical ability. Haaland has a touch of ******. Aguero plays beautiful football and he is involved in a lot of the moves and the build up.

Haaland is limited as a plyer, but what he does, he does well. What he lacks, he compensates in loads and loads and loads and loads of goals.

YOU STAN!
This is the correct answer. Both bring different qualities, it just depends what a fan values more. We were winning titles with both playing their key parts, so the end results is the same.

Aguero produced some of the biggest moments for us, so there's a strong emotional attachment from some of us towards Aguero. I don't how many "Haaland stans" actually watched Aguero, but he was magic for us, from Mancini, to Pellegrini, to Pep.

Haaland no doubt, an incredible goalscorer. I think all football fans love goals, and Haaland brings that in spades. I have little doubt by the end of his time with us, he will be regarded as the most incredible goalscorer the league has ever witnessed. The man is a freak of nature.

I'm just delighted I got to witness both play for City.

View attachment 130328

You can compare only what You can compare. Maybe later Haaland will have 100 goals season.

To be clear. Haaland is not Messi or prime Ronaldo football ability wise bar finishing. But hes football is not crap too. For me hes not worse than Ronaldo's second spell at Utd regarding ability with the ball for instance. And so far this season hes really improving in linking up play.

Yeah, unlike Messi and Ronaldo, Haaland is a top top scorer in his early 20s. The question is whether he can improve further which I believe can happen.

In their prime years, Messi and Ronaldo were hitting 50-60 goals almost every season. Their consistency was astounding. IIRC, C. Ronaldo scored 50+ goals 7 seasons in a row.

IMO, Haaland has it in him to score 60 goals this season, injuries permitting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.