Prime Aguero or present Haaland

Tbf it’s a bit of a shitty question to ask at this point in Haalands time with us.
Haaland will smash Agueros goal scoring records and win far more trophies by the time he leaves us but he’s 1 and a half seasons in and Sergio is a club legend.
Most answers will be different in 3 years time.
We'll only be able to compare 2 seasons because he is off to Real Madrid this summer didn't you know ;)

Prime Aguero over Prime Haaland
Prime Aguero over Optimus prime Haaland

Kun had it all. Could link up in the AM role, could play as the supporting striker or the main striker. Good passing range, good with headers, could hit the ball hard from outside the box.

It's just a shame he didn't win the UCL. I really wanted to see the Aguero/Vinny/Yaya/ Silva quartet lift the UCL.

I'll just leave this here.....

You sound very upset? It's not a dig at Aguero, I love the guy and have his signature tattooed on my arm. It's the quotes that Haaland isn't close they're ridiculously stupid, Haaland is a freak and after just 1 season smashed anything Aguero did out the park which also helped win a treble.

Time to move on from Sergio.

These comparison threads are shit anyway.

If Aguero could keep fit for an entire season and didn't come back after pre-season needing 6-8 games to really get firing on all cylinders he would have got Haaland's numbers of last season, season in season out.

I actually don't think Pep's system is best suited to Haaland's game which is a testament to Erling to be fair to him. If he was playing under someone like Klopp, I think he would be scoring even more than he is now.

Absolutely love Serg but Erling smashed his personal best 1st year and if you look at derby goals Serg got 9, Erling already has 5. Like Serg he scores against all the rivals.

Tbf it’s a bit of a shitty question to ask at this point in Haalands time with us.
Haaland will smash Agueros goal scoring records and win far more trophies by the time he leaves us but he’s 1 and a half seasons in and Sergio is a club legend.
Most answers will be different in 3 years time.

It's a very subjective topic. Haaland may be the better goalscorer but Sergio will always be the better footballer to me. Far superior first touch, able to beat players with ability and not just raw pace (although far from a slouch himself), more involved in the build-up, creates goals himself. Haaland's a genetic freak and rather lethal in the 18 yard box. Depends what's your poison.

It's a very subjective topic. Haaland may be the better goalscorer but Sergio will always be the better footballer to me. Far superior first touch, able to beat players with ability and not just raw pace (although far from a slouch himself), more involved in the build-up, creates goals himself. Haaland's a genetic freak and rather lethal in the 18 yard box. Depends what's your poison.
My point has nothing to do with either players pros or cons.
Simply stating that Aguero is a club legend who was with us for a decade and gave City fans the best moment of their footballing lives.
Haaland has been here 5 minutes so the comparison is unfair and knowing the OP a bit mischievous.

You sound very upset? It's not a dig at Aguero, I love the guy and have his signature tattooed on my arm. It's the quotes that Haaland isn't close they're ridiculously stupid, Haaland is a freak and after just 1 season smashed anything Aguero did out the park which also helped win a treble.

Time to move on from Sergio.

These comparison threads are shit anyway.
Who's upset? No one is doubting that Erling bagged an unbelievable number of goals for us last season and hopefully this season continues.

But the world is full of people who are quick to forget just how wonderful Sergio was now the new toy has arrived. Hopefully the Video will remind some just how amazing he was, over a long period of time and despite almost being sidelined by Pep.

Look at the first 50 PL goals scored by Erling. 48 of those were inside the box and I've yet to see him score a goal as wonderful as Sergio's against Liverpool, (although his reverse high-kick was spesh). For me Sergio was just the more complete player who could run with the ball and finish at speed, whereas Erling is the more traditional Number 9, proper goal poacher.

Agreed on your view about comparison threads, they never end well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.