Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

Looking out of my front window right now and using my own eyes provides no evidence of over population - what he offered was opinion not analysis.
What did you think you would see? people stood on each other’s shoulders, What did you expect to see out of a left wingers bedroom window Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain...

We could have more people living in city centres first though. As shops die, turn them into dwellings.
I have advocated this for a long time. I have written to my council on more than one occasion. More people living in town centres will increase the need for facilities and more footfall. The amount of space above shops when we have a need for rented accommodation is an underinvested resource.

I will be as kind as I can possibly be about this post because otherwise I will end up with yet another ban :)
The key question should be why are these people coming here?

When you went to school, did you ever see a map and think why lots of the countries were pink in colour? Those countries were the British Empire and the sun never set on the Empire. Due to colonialism English is spoken world wide and in our former colonies English is taught as a second language. That makes the "mother" country of Empire an obvious choice for those who can speak English. The French have immigration from former colonies like Algeria where French was the second language, Belgium from Congo, our Vinny being a prime example. Portugal has immigrants from Brazil, Spain from Latin America. Its about language and familiarity.
The answer is becuase of our generous benefits system.
We do not have a benefits system, we have a welfare system, as into fare well when times are hard. The UK welfare system.

Take pensions from two countries I have mentioned compared to ours. Pensions are a part of the welfare system
  • France – minimum pension is £130 a week, with a maximum of around £340 a week.
  • Spain – a minimum means-tested pension around £155 a week, with a maximum of around £535 a week.
  • The UK – the state pension is between £125 and £165 a week

These are the countries selected by Glassdoor ranked on their generosity when it comes to benefits

1. These are the countries selected by Glassdoor ranked on their generosity when it comes to benefits
    1. Denmark, score 7.8

2. France, score 7.2
    3. Spain, score 6.4
    4. Netherlands, score 6.2
    5. Sweden, score 5.9
    6. Finland, score 5.8
    7. Italy, score 5.6
    8. Norway, score 5.6
    9. Austria, score 5.4
    10. Belgium, score 5.1
    11. Germany, score 4.7
    12. UK, score 2.9
    13. Switzerland, score 2.3
    14. Ireland, score 2.3
    15. US, score 0.3
    16. As you can see from this co-efficient the UK is fucking rubbish

I have to work 2 jobs to survive, get taxed to the hilt -
I admire your work ethic and willingness to provide for yourself but conflating your circumstances with those of migrants is disingenuous. You live in this country and its political choices have a bearing on your life. Its the Tories who have raised taxes, cut services and are ruining the economy, its not Bob from Baghdad.
yet I believe these migrants get free entitlements galore upon arrival.

Cash support​

You’ll get £40.85 for each person in your household. This will help you pay for things you need like food, clothing and toiletries.

Your allowance will be loaded onto a debit card (ASPEN card) each week. You’ll be able to use the card to get cash from a cash machine.
It really does piss me off to be honest whilst the government can't find homes for some of our own.
Building new homes lowers values of existing homes, after all a brick is a brick. The current Governments base is made up of mainly homeowners and they do not want the value of their prime asset to diminish.

In effect the mass selling of council housing and the denial of using the funds raised to build more more council stock has led to a housing crisis. It appals me to see people on the streets, it appals me to see veterans on the streets because of the ridiculous libertarian thinking of these bunch of fuckwits in charge
This country is broken beyond repair.
Yet still votes for the lying narcissist and his bunch of fucking fruitcakes.

See I was nice :)

Over population has been discussed for many decades and I have run out of patience with it will be rectified in the future. I don’t have the answers but the chances are slim when people aren’t even concerned about even discussing it.

Also note the enviroment is everything not just global warming. It’s where you live, the state of your surroundings and the way you want your kids to grow up. There is a lot to be said for fucking off to somewhere remote and letting someone else deal with it.

Problem is some **** will build 200 unaffordable houses right next to you. And roads supermarkets McDonald’s etc......

Haven't you contributed to this yourself by having children?

What did you think you would see? people stood on each other’s shoulders, What did you expect to see out of a left wingers bedroom window Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain...

No - to prove what is a numerical statistical point I wouldn't look out of my window. Best to look at what experts say to back up an opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.