Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

I hear people here talking about people in rubber boats being illegal’.
They are not. It is not illegal to come here by whatever means and it is not illegal to make a claim for asylum or refugee status.
Thus government, who could, if they wanted to, make safe passage or claiming in France possible simply do not want to.
They want us to see these people as ‘illegal’ and they want to see brown people struggling up Dover beach, because they then become the enemy, those bloody foreigners swamping us, and that justifies the criminal negligence in dealing properly with them.
Much the same attitude that they are taking with strikes.
Strikers are ‘militant’ and their leaders are ‘Marxists’ who of course are ‘enemies of Britain and our way of life’.
Wrap yourself in the flag and get angry and point at the enemies both foreign and domestic.

I hear people here talking about people in rubber boats being illegal’.
They are not. It is not illegal to come here by whatever means and it is not illegal to make a claim for asylum or refugee status.
Thus government, who could, if they wanted to, make safe passage or claiming in France possible simply do not want to.
They want us to see these people as ‘illegal’ and they want to see brown people struggling up Dover beach, because they then become the enemy, those bloody foreigners swamping us, and that justifies the criminal negligence in dealing properly with them.
Much the same attitude that they are taking with strikes.
Strikers are ‘militant’ and their leaders are ‘Marxists’ who of course are ‘enemies of Britain and our way of life’.
Wrap yourself in the flag and get angry and point at the enemies both foreign and domestic.

Absolutely agree with all that

But do you put no limit on number of ‘safe passage’ migrants ?

If 10,000 African/Middle Eastern/Ukrainian - whoever. Applied for safe asylum to the UK next week would you be ok with that - how about 20,000 / 50,000 etc

Genuine question

If 10,000 African/Middle Eastern/Ukrainian - whoever. Applied for safe asylum to the UK next week would you be ok with that - how about 20,000 / 50,000 etc

Genuine question

I repeat 1.3m were granted visa's here last year - almost double the number in the previous ( pandemic travel restrictions related ) - that figure rose to over 1.6m if you take the 12 months of Mar 21 to Mar 22. That people from just about everywhere in the world coming here to work to live to spend - have you seen any issues about homing them, schooling their kids, them getting health care in the news? No you haven't but the press will focus on a few middle class white people bitching about some people from the Sudan or Syria being put up at an Army camp near them ( they are NIMBY's who will lose their shit when the MOD sell it for new homes to be built on too ) - they were all accommodated and it wasn't flagged up in front of you because that truth is just too inconvenient for those feeding you the lies about so called illegal immigrants

Genuine question

I think if we are worried about too much asylum (which is a joke based on how few asylum seekers we actually take in), the way to address it is to pass laws changing the Asylum guidlines, not force people to risk their lives, and die, trying to cross the channel.

60% of people who make it across the channel successfully apply for Asylum. So by our own laws they're deserving of it, and the fact we force them to go through a deadly gauntlet to get here is barbaric beyond belief, it's Squid Game type stuff.

I repeat 1.3m were granted visa's here last year - almost double the number in the previous ( pandemic travel restrictions related ) - that figure rose to over 1.6m if you take the 12 months of Mar 21 to Mar 22. That people from just about everywhere in the world coming here to work to live to spend - have you seen any issues about homing them, schooling their kids, them getting health care in the news? No you haven't but the press will focus on a few middle class white people bitching about some people from the Sudan or Syria being put up at an Army camp near them ( they are NIMBY's who will lose their shit when the MOD sell it for new homes to be built on too ) - they were all accommodated and it wasn't flagged up in front of you because that truth is just too inconvenient for those feeding you the lies about so called illegal immigrants

Ok good argument that - I’m honestly against anti migrant hatred and the right wing type in general

Just felt there was some justice in some of their points

So because we issued/granted 1.3 million visas last year - we are saying it’s perfectly fine for any number of people to seek asylum to the UK, no limit on numbers whatsoever

In 100 years time the conservative party's approach to asylum will be looked back on like Victorian's and the workhouse or the Penal Laws.

They underfund the Home Office systems so applications take years, usually clogging up the system with bullshit refusals that get turned over on appeal when a proper judge sees it (50% of refusals lose on appeal).

They don't let (often highly educated and trained in areas this country is crying out for help in) applicants work before their application is completed.

Then they whip people into a frenzy about how much of a drain these people are on society.

That political frenzy lets them treat asylum seekers as subhuman, detaining them indefinitely if they want, forcing them to pay £5000+ per person to get trafficked into the country by some of the worst organised crime gangs in the world instead of just letting them apply safely,

Then after they've spent their life savings getting here, been stopped from working for months/years, we give them just £168 to start their life here and resettly just 1%.

Ok good argument that - I’m honestly against anti migrant hatred and the right wing type in general

So because we issued/granted 1.3 million visas last year - we are saying it’s perfectly fine for any number of people to seek asylum to the UK, no limit on numbers whatsoever

There is no limit now.

indeed - and that is causing a lot of unrest for many who have genuine concerns about population growth in many areas.

FFS, I thought you were so close to getting it.

1.3m visas granted every year. 715,000 immigrants every year.

The unlimited asylum that we have today contributes just 48,000 (that was the biggest year in the last 2 decades)

There are presently 220,000 people in the UK who have been granted or are seeking asylum. 0.3% of the population.

They aren't causing population growth. The fears are not genuine, they're manufactured.

No - I am asking you whats your worry about a few thousand when there are millions being allowed in ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.