Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

record numbers of people crossing the channel every week is a problem regardless of Government, you think 1300 people arriving in dinghy's including Children and babies in the last 24 hours is ok ?
I don’t think it’s ok…

Immigration is not the major issue In this country today.
…why have a thread to deal with migrants if its zero problem and no issue at all ?
‘And this is sadly how any reasonable discussion ends’
What with you making stuff up?
Immigration is obviously an issue but is not the major issue in this country right now. The government would like you to think it is because it detracts from the utter shit show. You clearly lap it up like a good subject.

‘And this is sadly how any reasonable discussion ends’
What with you making stuff up?
Immigration is obviously an issue but is not the major issue in this country right now. The government would like you to think it is because it detracts from the utter shit show. You clearly lap it up like a good subject.

where have I said its the main major issue ? Its a subject thread about immigrants in which i've rarely posted since it began

I read yesterday that channel crossing have doubled since last year and yesterday we had 1300 people arriving in dinghies - I don't see why its such a taboo subject we cant have a sensible discussion about it rather than being told to shut up and stop lapping it up

where have I said its the main major issue ? Its a subject thread about immigrants in which i've rarely posted since it began

I read yesterday that channel crossing have doubled since last year and yesterday we had 1300 people arriving in dinghies - I don't see why its such a taboo subject we cant have a sensible discussion about it rather than being told to shut up and stop lapping it up
No one told you to shut up. Although….

Absolutely agree with all that

But do you put no limit on number of ‘safe passage’ migrants ?

If 10,000 African/Middle Eastern/Ukrainian - whoever. Applied for safe asylum to the UK next week would you be ok with that - how about 20,000 / 50,000 etc

Genuine question
You’re falling into the traps that this govt. and the swivel-eyed loons on the right have set.
You just magicked some numbers out of the air and said ‘what about’.
This is exactly what farage did when he stood in front of that poster and claimed that millions were planning to come here, at one point I think he included almost the entire population of Romania and Albania.
It was his own, and brexit’s own version of ‘project fear’ achieved simply by inventing ludicrous scenarios and impossible numbers, and of course good old fashioned lying.
Governments like ours and others on the extreme right want you to spend your life in anger, and fear of the imagined enemy and to be thankful that they are there to protect you.
Don‘t let them do this to you.

population growth in my area (Dartford) has increased 20% in the last 10 years, the highest in anywhere in the UK

It's impossible getting an appointment at Doctors to the point me and my wife have to go A&E and wait hours for any treatment we need or for our baby

Traffic is unbearable, we have to use the Dartford Crossing a lot and its gridlocked so often

- as mentioned, Immigration is not the sole cause of population growth and the above - but I can have some sympathy with people who are seeing record numbers arriving in the UK with an ever increasing population growth already.

I'm not anti immigration, far from it. just think there needs to be a solution to many issues with the channel crossings. If opening safe passage and having unlimited numbers to come here safely is the right way to go - then i'd be for it.
If there is population growth then they are contributing to the economy so therefore the government should increase services and infrastructure to cater.

It‘s not rocket science, mate, it’s 101 economics. However, we seem to have forgotten that over the last 12 years and are now in a position where everything has been cut so much that we are no longer to the bone, we are siphoning off the marrow, and probably to one of their rich donors.

Tired if people saying that creating a safe route to apply for asylum will create 'unlimited' access as if it will be millions in even 100k which will not be the case. But hey let's exaggerate.

R4 interviewed a Ukrainian refugee this evening telling us how she had been allowed to work on arriving here and that now she was in a position to move out of her accommodation and fend for herself. Compare that to channel crossers who are not allowed to work until the have had their application processed, often up to 2 years. Crazy it takes so long to get them processed. I wonder why? Couldn’t be anything to do with the colour of their skin could it?

The question is how do you control it? (Because it will not be stopped for 1000 reasons.)

The only answer is a treaty with the EU to take our fair share of refugees coming to Europe. Bring them in and process them in a controlled manner, and once processed add them to the labour force.
Under the treaty, anyone lacking the appropriate papers would be shunted back to mainland Europe the same day.

This is what I call a reasonable and pragmatic policy, but as it would not appeal to retired Lieutenant Colonels in Cheltenham, the Tories would never do this.

record numbers of people crossing the channel every week is a problem regardless of Government, you think 1300 people arriving in dinghy's including Children and babies in the last 24 hours is ok ?

It's dangerous and inhumane for starters and the increase in numbers has doubled from last year
Of course it’s a big problem and these idiots don’t realise incentivising the crossings by not trying to stop them/allowing everyone entry who tries it, will encourage greater and greater numbers that will result in more and more people drowned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.