Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

You’ve not answered my question.

To be fair mate you haven't answered mine, I will say it again, bringing more people in to look after old people is pushing a problem down the line we have to have the people that are here and now deal with that problem as it arises.

That's the solution as it stands now.

To be fair mate you haven't answered mine, I will say it again, bringing more people in to look after old people is pushing a problem down the line we have to have the people that are here and now deal with that problem as it arises.

That's the solution as it stands now.
Indeed. If we don’t bring more people in, our care, NHS and hospitality sectors will be severely understaffed.

That’s the immediate problem we face.

Worrying about what happens in 60 years seems less important somehow, at the moment.

Indeed. If we don’t bring more people in, our care, NHS and hospitality sectors will be severely understaffed.

That’s the immediate problem we face.

Worrying about what happens in 60 years seems less important somehow, at the moment.

They will have to be understaffed something will have to give, it's a world problem not just a UK one. If we bring more workers in then those workers may have come from a country who needs them.

We may have to thin the population out organically not just hold our hands up and say "We need more people".

To you maybe but to the average person countries and states still exist, and what is wrong with the demographics of this country? What would you like to change exactly?

Look, I am no expert, so please don't jump on me for what I'm thinking, the whole thing puzzles me to be honest. How come for example the population of India is 1.366 billion, whilst the population of America is 330 million, so like a billion less. What happened in history to make these two things true?

Look also for example at population density which in India is twice what it is in the UK. Why is this? Birth control has only been around for about the last 50 years so how come some countries are so densely populated (or just massively populated) whilst others are not.

Look at expected lifespan, in 2019 in India, average expected lifespan: 68.7 in England, it is ten years older. Which is great, I'm not saying it isn't (I'm not advocating some sort of Logan's Run plan or anything) but the fact is not that many people are economically active in their 70s but do need lots of healthcare - so a big problem in England, not so much in India.

Then we have the current situation where despite everything that is going on, employers just cannot get the people they need to staff their businesses, because of the ageing population I assume, hence the need for the million plus visas - we are importing workers, because we don't have enough young people here that businesses and indeed the public sector need.

In some cases we are, in my opinion, stealing Doctors and Nurses from poorer countries because we haven't a) paid to train our own or b) we don't have enough young people to fill all the medical positions our ageing population demands. This isn't right. It isn't as bad as slavery as these people choose to come here and have their freedom, but it's not far off.

Like I said earlier, I don't know if this even is a problem or indeed how to solve it if it is, I'm just curious to know how its come about.

I know for a fact that since many years ago, this country has had to import food to feed the population - it nearly cost us defeat in WWII when the German submarines were in the ascendency. Is it true to say now that we also need to import workers too and if so would it not be a good idea for the politicians to be honest about it, stop saying they are going to control immigration (its a cross party thing by-they-way, that was one of Ed Milibands pledges carved onto his stone) and be open and honest that we need the population of this country to expand beyond that which the natural birthrate is supplying.

But they also need to be honest and say this will have an impact on the green agenda, because more people creates more demand for energy and more pollution too.

Last edited:
They will have to be understaffed something will have to give, it's a world problem not just a UK one. If we bring more workers in then those workers may have come from a country who needs them.

We may have to thin the population out organically not just hold our hands up and say "We need more people".
So, in essence, people will need to die lying in their own filth, for the good of the country?

Look, I am no expert, so please don't jump on me for what I'm thinking, the whole thing puzzles me to be honest. How come for example the population of India is 1.366 billion, whilst the population of America is 330 million, so like a billion less. What happened in history to make these two things true?

Look also for example at population density which in India is twice what it is in the UK. Why is this? Birth control has only been around for about the last 50 years so how come some countries are so densely populated (or just massively populated) whilst others are not.

Look at expected lifespan, in 2019 in India, average expected lifespan: 68.7 in England, it is ten years older. Which is great, I'm not saying it isn't (I'm not advocating some sort of Logan's Run plan or anything) but the fact is not that many people are economically active in their 70s but do need lots of healthcare - so a big problem in England, not so much in India.

Then we have the current situation where despite everything that is going on, employers just cannot get the staff they need to staff their businesses, because of the ageing population I assume, hence the need for the million plus visas - we are importing workers, because we don't have enough young people here that businesses and indeed the public sector need. I read this week that Universities are putting limits on UK student applications, because if they can fill the places with overseas students they can make more money. My children are coming up to late teens in age, so I'm not very happy about that news item. They might be denied a place because of it or they may get one and find instead of it being £9000 a year, the Univeristy wants £24,000 a year instead and I can't help them with that.

In some cases we are, in my opinion, stealing Doctors and Nurses from poorer countries because we haven't a) paid to train our own or b) we don't have enough young people to fill all the medical positions our ageing population demands. This isn't right. It isn't as bad as slavery as these people choose to come here and have their freedom, but it's not far off.

Like I said earlier, I don't know if this even is a problem or indeed how to solve it if it is, I'm just curious to know how its come about.

I know for a fact that since many years ago, this country has had to import food to feed the population - it nearly cost us defeat in WWII when the German submarines were in the ascendency. Is it true to say now that we also need to import workers too and if so would it not be a good idea for the politicians to be honest about it, stop saying they are going to control immigration (its a cross party thing by-they-way, that was one of Ed Milibands pledges carved onto his stone) and be open and honest that we need the population of this country to expand beyond that which the natural birthrate is supplying.

But they also need to be honest and say this will have an impact on the green agenda, because more people creates more demand for energy and more pollution too.

Too many people is what I have always said, we need less and we should expect less things as a result. We should expect less cars and we should expect less of a choice on food and clothes etc.

Bearing that aim in mind, we don't need more workers or people we need to start cutting our cloth now as does every other nation state, it's simply wrong to be on an upward spiral and expect anything other than disaster.

It buys us time to come up with a better solution though.

So the world might come up with a better solution but in the meantime make it worse for people who have not been born yet? Mate that's not a solution now and it's never going to be one.

It's not even as though pensioners just do nothing anymore, many of them work through until old age. That's the solution globalists came up with ages ago.

So the world might come up with a better solution but in the meantime make it worse for people who have not been born yet? Mate that's not a solution now and it's never going to be one.

It's not even as though pensioners just do nothing anymore, many of them work through until old age. That's the solution globalists came up with ages ago.
We’re hardly coping now and it’s getting worse.

I’m not sure your policy of letting people die would garner much support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.