Priti Vacant has a plan, a deal with migrants plan.

I was thinking the other day, to do with the climate change problem actually - which I have said before can probably only be delayed not solved - I have just read a reputable book stating that. But when I was a kid (1970s) let me describe briefly a typical weekend: Saturdays were great, Sundays were sh1t.

On Saturdays we went shopping in the morning, in the afternoon I'd listen to a football commentary (if my Uncle hadn't taken me to Maine Rd) and do a hobby or something. On Sunday, Church in the morning and that was it....boredom the day would really drag until Last of the Summer Wine came on when I'd do my homework, because I'd put it off thus far.

No shopping, no sport, and hardly any cars on the road either. Ditto Wednesday afternoon.

Imagine if a political party came in and said for the good of the planet they were advocating a return to the 1970s - no chance, no chance. Similarly your idea of less 'things', especially less luxuries will never ever work. I'm sorry to say it.

I agree with you there (Mind you I was working in the 70's).

But the public didn't vote for half the things we eventually end up with and this wouldn't be any different, it could be a slow drip drip of taking things away.

If we don't do these things we're burning into oblivion and we deserve it.

I agree with you there (Mind you I was working in the 70's).

But the public didn't vote for half the things we eventually end up with and this wouldn't be any different, it could be a slow drip drip of taking things away.

If we don't do these things we're burning into oblivion and we deserve it.

I think you may be right, but I think a return to no shops opening on a Sunday and all football matches to kick-off at 3pm on Saturday and only one full TV match a year (the FA Cup final) might be difficult to drip drip drip through - Sky TV will be mightily peed off for starters.

P.S. Are you my Uncle? (he lives in Stockport!)

I think you may be right.

I don't know anyone called el_george and I am probably only 10 years older than you mate.

On the train back home the train was packed with blues and people dressed in rainbow stuff from the gay pride event, you would never have thought that would happen 20 years ago, the people at the top are good at this social engineering shit.

Ring him and ask him if he's me ;)

I think you may be right, but I think a return to no shops opening on a Sunday and all football matches to kick-off at 3pm on Saturday and only one full TV match a year (the FA Cup final) might be difficult to drip drip drip through - Sky TV will be mightily peed off for starters.

Pining for how things used to be is why we’re in this mess to a certain extent.

Maybe we could return to no tuition fees etc that used to happen too.

No one is going to allow shops shutting on Sundays and half day closing on Wednesdays. Life has moved on.

The people advocating stopping immigration to help us in 60 years are living in Cuckoo land.

Pining for how things used to be is why we’re in this mess to a certain extent.

Maybe we could return to no tuition fees etc that used to happen too.

No one is going to allow shops shutting on Sundays and half day closing on Wednesdays. Life has moved on.

The people advocating stopping immigration to help us in 60 years are living in Cuckoo land.

FFS we are talking about stopping using all the resources and you disagree with that? You're promoting being selfish and looking after number one here and it needs to stop.

FFS we are talking about stopping using all the resources and you disagree with that? You're promoting being selfish and looking after number one here and it needs to stop.
This particular government can‘t deal with issues happening in 4 weeks.

If you think they’ve got a 60 year plan on immigration, you’re deluded.

This particular government can‘t deal with issues happening in 4 weeks.

If you think they’ve got a 60 year plan on immigration, you’re deluded.

We are talking about what I would do and what I believe the solution would be not this government, Talking about delusion how is this uncontrolled immigration solution going for you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.