Progress and why Hughes should stay!

Nice to have a differance of opinion/debate with someone without the name calling which is refreshing........thanks for that!
In my eyes Mourinho is made for City.....a club that's been crying out for success for years and having to put up with the shit from across the City.
It's within touching distance with our new found wealth but needs a figure head, messiah to take us there.....he would relish it, becoming a hero at the club whilst upsetting our rivals at the same time?
Yes he's arrogant but that rubs off on the squad and makes them into winners.......just look at the mentality of Chelsea now from before he went there, nothing apart from winning is good enough and that's what we need.

Haha, I was actually thinking the same thing. I don't normally post on here for fear of being mentally destroyed for years to come. I'm very precious ya see.

I don't disagree that Mourinho would be good for our club, I just have reservations about whether or not he would like to stay if we'd not won anything in his first year in charge.

Your signings analyze is crazy, you forget to mention how much they cost, a very important part. Has Lescott really been good? And for 24 mil? Bridge vs Ball, 12mil(?) vs 0mil, as Bridge really been THAT much better? Oh dear.

BlueSinclair said:
Your signings analyze is crazy, you forget to mention how much they cost, a very important part. Has Lescott really been good? And for 24 mil? Bridge vs Ball, 12mil(?) vs 0mil, as Bridge really been THAT much better? Oh dear.

Personally, I would discard the cost of our signings at the moment, on the basis that we needed people in quickly, all other clubs knew that and hiked up the prices. If you take the signings on their footballing merits, you'd have to say that the majority of them are good signings.

The viewpoints would differ as to whether they are the signings that were needed to push us into the top 4 though.

Personally, I've never really rated Lescott, but I hope he comes good for us. I'd much rather Dunney stayed, but he struggled on the left of a CB pairing usually.

Horses for courses, and I would say that we don't have many destined for the glue factory, however, I'm not entirely sure that if Jose was in charge many of them would be staying on.

If Mourinho takes charge for example, he's going to want a pretty big clear out - I would imagine that he too would be paying over the odds for the players he wants.

xirtarg said:
BlueSinclair said:

Personally, I would discard the cost of our signings at the moment, on the basis that we needed people in quickly, all other clubs knew that and hiked up the prices. If you take the signings on their footballing merits, you'd have to say that the majority of them are good signings.

The viewpoints would differ as to whether they are the signings that were needed to push us into the top 4 though.

Personally, I've never really rated Lescott, but I hope he comes good for us. I'd much rather Dunney stayed, but he struggled on the left of a CB pairing usually.

Horses for courses, and I would say that we don't have many destined for the glue factory, however, I'm not entirely sure that if Jose was in charge many of them would be staying on.

If Mourinho takes charge for example, he's going to want a pretty big clear out - I would imagine that he too would be paying over the odds for the players he wants.

I'm not picking on you but i disagree....
I think the squad we have in place at the moment is good enough to finish 4th without doubt, that is why i'm willing to give Hughes till the end of the season to see if he can accomplish this with his players?
I think if Mourinho come in he wouldn't have to change much at all, he'd organize, breed confidence and belief in the squad.
The only thing he would bring in is a Captain/Leader.....someone he could trust to carry out the duties needed.

Don't worry, I don't feel picked on.

My point wasn't based on the qualities of our squad, more on the fact that managers tend to want to bring in their own players.

I'm not sure Mourinho would like to work with Bellamy for example.

I Personally don't believe a lot of our players would struggle to get into a top 4 side. In fact, I think the only thing we're missing is consistency in squad selection. We've still had to play a lot of variations in our back 4, Ade's suspension didn't help, and a few niggles in midfield. I think these little things may have hampered our progress a little.

My point was supposed to be that if Mourinho was in charge and did want to make changes he would probably have to pay over the odds too, therefore rendering the cost of the squad a moot point

Sorry, I didn't make it too clear now that I read my post again.

BlueSinclair said:
Personally I think Lescott has been good for us, he's been a strong contender for the last 2 player of the month awards and is getting better and more confident every game.

We might have paid more than we should for Bridge but compared to Ball and Garrido, once again it's a massive improvement (and I rated Ball), he's probably the best left back we've had at the club for years.

xirtarg said:
Don't worry, I don't feel picked on.

My point wasn't based on the qualities of our squad, more on the fact that managers tend to want to bring in their own players.

I'm not sure Mourinho would like to work with Bellamy for example.

I Personally don't believe a lot of our players would struggle to get into a top 4 side. In fact, I think the only thing we're missing is consistency in squad selection. We've still had to play a lot of variations in our back 4, Ade's suspension didn't help, and a few niggles in midfield. I think these little things may have hampered our progress a little.

My point was supposed to be that if Mourinho was in charge and did want to make changes he would probably have to pay over the odds too, therefore rendering the cost of the squad a moot point

Sorry, I didn't make it too clear now that I read my post again.

Point taken!

I think your right about squad selection as i don't think he's got to grips on what his best 11 would be yet?........African Nations isn't going to help.
You can also add Robbie being out at the start didn't help either?

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
BlueSinclair said:
Personally I think Lescott has been good for us, he's been a strong contender for the last 2 player of the month awards and is getting better and more confident every game.

We might have paid more than we should for Bridge but compared to Ball and Garrido, once again it's a massive improvement (and I rated Ball), he's probably the best left back we've had at the club for years.

I'm not one that bothers about price of players either as it's a buyers market..........you need the player you pay it, simple as that.
It's not the players fault the clubs have but that figure on there heads?

Danamy said:
xirtarg said:
Personally, I'm so used to us not doing anything, that I'm relatively happy to wait another season in the hope that stability (from the clubs point of view) and experience (from Hughes' point of view) bring us success. But I do understand why people don't want him in. I'm 27, so I'm fairly used to us being useless to be honest so I'm probably a little more patient because a part of me is still confused about Manchester City and winning being in the same sentence!

I know I'll get the 'If you're happy to settle for mediocrity you're an idiot' speech, but it's merely my opinion.

Most of the people that construct Hughes out arguments are often well thought out in their arguments, I just can't be doing with people like the guy I work with who wanted Hughes out last week before Arsenal, then was happy for him to stay, then wanted him out again this morning.

I think with experience he will be a good manager, however, I can see why not all blues are happy to see him learn with us when we should, theoretically, be hitting the next level.

Like i've said in other threads i'm happy to go with him till the end of the season to see if he gets us into that 4th spot which is what is needed...but....if the chance comes of a more experienced proven manager becomes available i think we should take it.
It may sound harsh but afterall it's a buisness and owners make them sort of calls for the good of the company!

The appointment of a 'proven' manager is no highway to success. The EPL is littered with 'proven' managers making a balls of it when they arrived at their next club.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Danamy said:
Like i've said in other threads i'm happy to go with him till the end of the season to see if he gets us into that 4th spot which is what is needed...but....if the chance comes of a more experienced proven manager becomes available i think we should take it.
It may sound harsh but afterall it's a buisness and owners make them sort of calls for the good of the company!

The appointment of a 'proven' manager is no highway to success. The EPL is littered with 'proven' managers making a balls of it when they arrived at their next club.

Like?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.