Progressive Rock

Saw SH and his ‘Lamb …’ performance. One of the best from him tbf.
Will visit Fish farewell tour early October.

Already booked my tickets for Steven Wilson next year. Imho the best performer in the progrock scene, either as frontman of Porcupine Tree of solo.

Watch out for the Lunatic Soul ( double) album coming up later this week. If you don’t know it, it’s a side project from Mariusz Duda, the frontman of Riverside

The title track and "Awaken" are stunning tracks. Most albums will have a weak track/filler or three on them. Not on that album. A certain group who have had dynamic coverage in the media these past few days would kill to produce an opus like GFTO.
Remember seeing them do Awaken live in Dublin donkeys years ago, amongst other classics.
They could do it perfectly live.
Some music, or some artists, you want to hear a totally different live version as that’s what the artist is famous for. Think Bruce or Rory. With Yes, you wanted to hear them reproduce their studio sound and they could. Anderson’s voice was always immaculate.

Who resurrected this thread. I’ve gone through the lot of it, to see if I’ve said anything incriminating.
To me. you don’t have to agree with all of Zappa’s views. You don’t have to like all he had done. Truth is you won’t get everything he had done.
But the guy was a one off genius.

King Kong.
At times it looks and sounds like chaos.
But he is in total control and they are hanging on his every gesture.

It’s fantastic. It’s art.

Ok. Back to sleep now.

Was listening to "Going for the One" by Yes on my earplugs at work this afternoon. Brilliant album.

View attachment 130755
Imho Yes finest work ever.
The transcendental epic Awaken -pure bliss with headphones.
The hit single -Wondrous Stories
The rock epic where each musician excels like never before -Parallels
The most wonderful ballad ever -Turn of the Century
The chaotic and self deprecating title track.

They peeked with this and not CTTE as many claim.

Imho Yes finest work ever.
The transcendental epic Awaken -pure bliss with headphones.
The hit single -Wondrous Stories
The rock epic where each musician excels like never before -Parallels
The most wonderful ballad ever -Turn of the Century
The chaotic and self deprecating title track.

They peeked with this and not CTTE as many claim.
IIRC it didn't get great reviews when it came out but it has grown in stature.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.