Progressive Rock

Rick Wakeman doing two shows at the Palladium with Rock Ensemble next February.
One show will feature Six Wives and King Arthur. The second date will be Yes Music and Journey.
Clever stuff Rick !!!!
Also a follow up to The Red Planet due in the Spring.
Went to the 2nd of those Wakeman shows, it was excellent.

Been posting about the Steve Rothery Band shows in Manchester this weekend in the Classic Rock thread without even realising this one existed. It’s obviously an elite affair.
Anyway, two marvellous shows.
Next for me, Steve Hackett in Liverpool in the autumn - The Lamb show I think it is - then the Fish farewell tour in the new year.

What’s anyone else got lined up prog-wise (if anything?)

Been posting about the Steve Rothery Band shows in Manchester this weekend in the Classic Rock thread without even realising this one existed. It’s obviously an elite affair.
Next for me, Steve Hackett in Liverpool in the autumn - The Lamb show I think it is - then the Fish farewell tour in the new year.

I’m mulling over whether to go and see Moon Safari in Chepstow October.

The Yes Album. Classic, best Yes. Put the rock into progressive. Sometimes the Progressive part of Prog rock is overplayed at the expense of the 'rock' aspect. Wurm is a great wig out.
Agree.
Prog Rock is/was at its best when it didn’t forget the rock part.
The Yes Album was a favourite of mine.

Not heard anything involving Rothery since 'Seasons End'....that was it for me ;(
Of my 5 fav bands, the singer left two, and was never the same. Another the singer passed away, and one the singer moved into politics for years so they were on hiatus, and now disbanded.

Not heard anything involving Rothery since 'Seasons End'....that was it for me ;(
Of my 5 fav bands, the singer left two, and was never the same. Another the singer passed away, and one the singer moved into politics for years so they were on hiatus, and now disbanded.
Yes, tbf, Seasons End had absolutely the same effect on me.
Made the mistake of seeing them live on that tour too.
What drew me back to his solo shows was the large amount of material he plays from the first 4 albums.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.