Progressive Rock

Been posting about the Steve Rothery Band shows in Manchester this weekend in the Classic Rock thread without even realising this one existed. It’s obviously an elite affair.
Anyway, two marvellous shows.
Next for me, Steve Hackett in Liverpool in the autumn - The Lamb show I think it is - then the Fish farewell tour in the new year.

What’s anyone else got lined up prog-wise (if anything?)
Went to both shows on the Friday and Saturday. Met Steve afterwards to sign some stuff including my old denim jacket which my late Dad had embroidered very skillfully the jester from the Script album 40yrs ago bless him. Fish has already signed it. I hadn't heard of Ricardo Romano the keyboardist before these shows and so gave him a listen on spotify and then bought both vinyl albums on the saturday and got them signed. Hogarth, Rothery and Martin Jakubski all play on them and they are brilliant.

Went to both shows on the Friday and Saturday. Met Steve afterwards to sign some stuff including my old denim jacket which my late Dad had embroidered very skillfully the jester from the Script album 40yrs ago bless him. Fish has already signed it. I hadn't heard of Ricardo Romano the keyboardist before these shows and so gave him a listen on spotify and then bought both vinyl albums on the saturday and got them signed. Hogarth, Rothery and Martin Jakubski all play on them and they are brilliant.
Interesting that, good stuff. We were upstairs on the Saturday and were behind a bloke with a long black leather coat which when you looked closely was embossed with Fish and Marillion logos, a proper work of art.

Yes, the keyboard player didn’t have many moments to shine but I enjoyed Jigsaw and thought he did an excellent job throughout.

I only realised afterwards that they do a weekend in Glasgow too, so I would love to get up there as well next year. Found out too about Still Marillion, who I’m guessing you know a lot about - upcoming shows in Blackpool and Bradford I see …

Found out too about Still Marillion, who I’m guessing you know a lot about - upcoming shows in Blackpool and Bradford I see …
Is that a tribute band? One called 'Market Square Heroes' played in Southampton recently (or are about to) but heard them on Facebook....and the singer was so bad, couldn't listen to them.

Is that a tribute band? One called 'Market Square Heroes' played in Southampton recently (or are about to) but heard them on Facebook....and the singer was so bad, couldn't listen to them.
They are a tribute band buddy yeah, but the reason their name stood out for me was because their lead singer Martin is also the singer in the Steve Rothery Band, and on the basis Steve selected him to sing those Fish songs, that’s a pretty good recommendation to me.

Though I have tbh, I haven’t heard many of their versions - something I’m gonna remedy in coming days.

I'm sure your dad will be looking down on you with a smile mate.
His artistic talent I am very aware of ..as you know.
I'd just noticed this thread getting a bump and was halfway thru listening to the original post...Yours is no disgrace by Yes ,... and was just about to text you to get your views on it...( I got bored half way thru tbh) and you could have knocked me down with a feather when I jumped to the end of the thread to see you posting !

I only really dig Going for the One by Yes...I'm sure you 'll be able to recommend some other tracks !

Always loved this beautiful, magnificent track from Italy's PFM....Premiata Forneria Marconi. So tasteful..

Just got round to watching, brilliant, I've met Rick once, he is a City fan.
You are a busy man. I posted that almost two years ago!
I met Rick before my first ever Yes gig when I was about 15. We were early in our seats near the front and he just appeared from the side stage and started chatting to the few of us that were there.
About 30 years later I bumped into him in a posh shop in Boston and you wouldn’t believe it but he remembered me!

(That last bit was a fib.he didnt remember but just kind of grunted when I said hi Rick)

You are a busy man. I posted that almost two years ago!
I met Rick before my first ever Yes gig when I was about 15. We were early in our seats near the front and he just appeared from the side stage and started chatting to the few of us that were there.
About 30 years later I bumped into him in a posh shop in Boston and you wouldn’t believe it but he remembered me!

(That last bit was a fib.he didnt remember but just kind of grunted when I said hi Rick)
Sorry I forgot all about it !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.