PROPER City away following Leeds 1978

cyberblue said:
spacecadet said:
Just been looking on you tube- found this <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3YfKuVHgxs&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3YfKuVH ... re=related</a> Leeds v City 77/8 chance to see the King and Kiddo for the younger ones. City full side and upper and lower behind right hand goal. 3rd round nowadays is a different matter-enjoy!!
Go tLifted that one befor game Started for taking Micky out of a Copper .Fun & games in the Cells as they had a couple of HUGE ONES there was about 20 City in & about 6 Leeds then as Loads of Leeds got Nicked we were out nummbered .Police thought it was Funny
Same thing happenned to me Cambridge away Dec 83- Funny at the time - Coppers had no sense of humour in the old days!!!

spacecadet said:
cyberblue said:
Go tLifted that one befor game Started for taking Micky out of a Copper .Fun & games in the Cells as they had a couple of HUGE ONES there was about 20 City in & about 6 Leeds then as Loads of Leeds got Nicked we were out nummbered .Police thought it was Funny
Same thing happenned to me Cambridge away Dec 83- Funny at the time - Coppers had no sense of humour in the old days!!!

Lol That was Mick McCarthy's debut, a shit 0-0 draw - you didn't miss much. ;-)

mancunial said:
did anyone go to the game i think the year after when cherry scored we lost one nill, it was a dodgy situation inside and outside the ground?

I was at both games. Two off the best atmospheres ever.

The cup game they knocked us out 1-0 was possibly the scariest away game ever, as me and my brother got the service train to Leeds and had to get back to the train station after the game... the longest walk in my life!

We had to walk through an absolute mob of Parka-clad Leeds yonners, trying to keep our heads down. Even when we got on the train, there were hundreds of Leeds fans on the platform giving it big style.

The bad old days? Not a chance!

blue cigar said:
i remember my dad going to that and telling me they had bricks and bottles thrown at them from outside the ground after the match when they were held in that enclosure...young kids copped it as did anyone and everyone..my dad absolutely hates leeds above anyone else. fuck having them back in the prem.
Yes I was there that day but sat in the stand. They kept the City fans behind but that just gave the Leeds fans time to get round to that end of the ground. I walked past back to the car park and they were lobbing everything they could get their hands on. I had to make sure I hid my City scarf but soon after they let the City fans out and they went after the Leeds fans who ran. I had 10,000 Blues coming towards me but wasn't too worried until it dawned on me that they would have assumed I was a Leeds fan. So I had to hurriedly get my scarf out, which was round my waist and under my jumper. Just got it in time!

Soulboy said:
mancunial said:
did anyone go to the game i think the year after when cherry scored we lost one nill, it was a dodgy situation inside and outside the ground?

I was at both games. Two off the best atmospheres ever.

The cup game they knocked us out 1-0 was possibly the scariest away game ever, as me and my brother got the service train to Leeds and had to get back to the train station after the game... the longest walk in my life!

We had to walk through an absolute mob of Parka-clad Leeds yonners, trying to keep our heads down. Even when we got on the train, there were hundreds of Leeds fans on the platform giving it big style.

The bad old days? Not a chance!

Same as me.....I still have nightmares over white skinners and 18 hole Doc Martens!....must have been a 2 mile walk back.

I was at that FA Cup game and one a year earlier...both kicked off and was very naughty. Leeds attacking City fans walking with their kids. Typical Leeds and will always be hated.

Atmosphere was electric though!!

2u97hp2.jpg

oppyro.jpg

Im'e sure that was the game that after the match we had to come up from the back of that stand behind the goal, then I recall walking under a railway bridge only to be stoned from the track side on the bridge. I remember those white rocks they use on the track pelting down on us. I am sure It was that game.

I have supported City since 1969 (the cup final) and lived in Leeds since I was born in 1960 . I was at that Game, i was 18 , got punched on the way to the ground, on the way home and the night after the match in my local in Armley (Leeds 12 ).

It was worth it !

At the previous years cup tie with my dad and his mates,absolutely shit myself at the time mind you I was only twelve.
First time I ever saw the old man in 'action',as some sheep shagger wanted my scarf and dragged me up the road with it.
Still hate Leeds

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.