Proper Fish n Chips

Thaksins Love Child said:
Any favourites or recommendations?

I've been told Metro Fish Bar in Bury is good. Might try it one day but's it's a fair way to go for some chips!

Don't bother...

Went when the "plaice" first opened, well worth the posh tax thats added to the meal... but went recently and it was no better than any of the chinese chippies i've been to, over priced and overhyped.

The English chippy near to COMS, I think its called Jims, just off Mill Street set back next to a bookies not far from the Crusty Cob who incidently make the best meat and poatoe pies!

stony said:
Hitlers in Heywood used to be excellent. New chippy opened opposite the cemetery in Rochdale is good too.

Oh yeah Hitlers, there was one in Prestwich but it closed down for some reason.<br /><br />-- Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:31 pm --<br /><br />
markyboyblue said:
stony said:
Hitlers in Heywood used to be excellent. New chippy opened opposite the cemetery in Rochdale is good too.

Oh yeah Hitlers, there was one in Prestwich but it closed down for some reason.

Think it was something to do with not being able to afford his gas bills.

stony said:

ya mean the one opposite to the dog and partridge? think the same people who have the chippy at cutgate have that place, had somat from there the other day and woz ok. there is a top chippy near the VW garage at bury just off the mini roundabout, top fish and in big portions.

oh yeah where woz hitlers chippy in heywood? (this must be a trap)

can't remember the name of it, but theirs an amazing chippy at quarry bank timperley, facing the fields, not the one in with all the shop where the co-op is.

one of the best i've had.

bluemoon27 said:
there is 1 just outside Rochdale in a place called Walsden its called Grandma pollards and i definately recommend this to anyone for fish and chips

Grandma Pollards- yes. Not just the fish and chips but the home made pies of all varieties and the enormous vanilla slices.

Jack Spratts on Hollins Rd in Oldham is a good chippy . They always fry fresh fish to order .

Armstrongs in Shaw is another decent chippy , including their jumbo cod which measures two feet in length . Ideal for growing lads like myself . ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.