Proper Fish n Chips

Anyone visiting Paphos, should try the fish 'n' chips where I work. Nemos in Kato Paphos

[bigimg]http://i51.tinypic.com/15wxnaq.jpg[/bigimg]

Curries there are better though ;)

SuperKevinHorlock said:
Neils friary on Langworthy Road near me is ok if you like very small portions.

Yeah that's just what I look for in a chippy tea..

The fish and chip shop at the Black Country Museum is top notch.

PrestwichPeteMcfc said:
Metro near Bury is top.
Armstrongs in Prestwich is also good.
Dockers in Sedgley Park is also very good.

If you're in London, The Laughing Halibut on Strutton Ground, Westminster is very good and cheap. If you want something a bit more upmarket then the Seafresh on Wilton Road (behind Victoria Station) is very nice but pricey.

It is so hard now to find a good chippy these days!
When I was a lad there seemed to be loads! (maybe rose tinted glasses?)
The two I use are Tommys on Viccy ave, Blackley and one in Failsworth called Fozzys fish bar..
Neither spectacular in all honesty but I would say best of a bad bunch!
Armstrongs in Prestwich is the most over-rated chippy EVER!
It's always really busy aswell which would suggest it was good (always massive ques waiting which baffles me everytime I drive past!)
It is average at best!
Saying that, chippys are very subjective and just because I like one it doesn't mean everyone will like it!
My tip is find a chippy you like and stick with it!!

The English Chippy on Manchester Road in Walkden is a belter, best fish ive ever had, cant stand fish usually but everytime I go there I come away with a fish.

When I was a student and lived in the centr eof Lancaster we used to go to Hodgsons. It was a bit pricey, especially as I was skint, but was well worth it. Used to go to A1 in Westhoughton but that's changed owners now and is nowhere as good as it used to be. Most chippies are Chinese round near me now, which while still alright, the actual fish and chips aren't like they used to be.

Grandma Pollards at Walsden is a good one but only open Monday-Fridays so not much use to the workers.

There's a right good one in the very centre of Hebden Bridge that does 2 for 1 meals on Wednesday night.

Metro at Blackford Bridge was ace, but for my money has gone off a bit lately. Helps if you like cod - I prefer haddock.

There's a good one on Bridge Street in Ramsbottom but I've never figured out what his hours are.

Bizzie Lizzie's in Skipton is good if you are out that way. As is Whelans in Lytham.

If you're ever near Urmston way try Whittakers on Station Road. They won the best chippy in the country the year before last, voted for by the british potato council. It's superb, all the fish is fresh not frozen and they sell home made rag puddings too.

There is a wicked good one in Reddish, can't remember what it's called tho, near the old bull!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.