Prospects of winning our Champions League Group?

I was more impressed by Sevilla than I was with Juventus... Juventus just defended really well and Buffon had a great game, then they managed to take their few chances 2 goals from 3 shots on target. Whilst our finishing was poor.

Draw away to Sevilla, beat Juventus and Borussia finish top and end up drawing PSG or AMadrid anyway.

I was more impressed by Sevilla than I was with Juventus... Juventus just defended really well and Buffon had a great game, then they managed to take their few chances 2 goals from 3 shots on target. Whilst our finishing was poor.

Draw away to Sevilla, beat Juventus and Borussia finish top and end up drawing PSG or AMadrid anyway.

We are very much capable of beating PSG if we can play our best 11.

I don't know what's happened with the competition rules (there were changes in the initial seeding) but in previous seasons nearly all, if not all the Group winners went on to the Quarter Finals as they got easier draws in the last 16. So if we can top the group, a path might open up that could see us get to the Quarter Finals, and then we can be lucky in the draw.

I know we've still got a lot of work to do. Realistic chance though that City can top their Champions League group.

Juve I think will put a lot of effort into this competition as they are losing finalists and not doing well in Serie A. I wasn't that impressed with them when we played them. We could and perhaps should have beaten them.

I think the target has to be to top the group. That would be progress and we need to be making progress.

I thought Juve were ok. Well organised and disciplined. I think you occasionally need a bit of that in Europe. This all out gung-ho style we adopt will always leave us vulnerable to goals and in a competition where away goals are important in knockout stages, could be our undoing if we get that far. When was the last time at home we didn't concede a goal at home in Europe? I can't remember.

its in our own hands, win our remaining games and we top our group, can we do it? not if we continue with how we set up we won't

We will loose, and we will be playing 4 4 fucking 2.

Have I missed something? Other than Bournemouth last week and in part against Sevilla when have we play 4-4-2 this season...?! We palyed "4-4-2" out of necessity in these two games to try and add some pace up front along side Bony. And let's be honest, it wasn't a rigid 4-4-2 as Sterling was floating around behind Bony quite a bit.

last couple of seasons we've ended up 2nd and landed Barcelona in the last 16 and promptly gone out.

After losing at home to Juve I was thinking it would be 2nd at best, but after Juve slipped up at home the table looks like this

Juve 7
City 6
Sevilla 3
BMG 1

We have got 2 away games now: Sevilla then Juve and we finish up with BMG at home.

Juve have got 2 away games too. They play BMG away, City at home and then finish up at Sevilla.

I can see them slipping up in Germany, but can we beat Sevilla? By then we should have everyone back from injury??? but Aguero will probably be working his way through his usual rust.

I know most fans think that the minute we get drawn against a Barcelona we will go out, but Juve got to the final last year and we are as good as they are, and Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool have won it before so why not us. Maybe our luck is changing?

It certainly was a strange feeling walking away from the Etihad last night knowing we'd won but feeling rather fortunate.

I hope we can go into the last home game playing for top spot.

We can most definitely win the group. We should have beaten Juve and they probably played the worst in comparison to Sevilla and Monchengladbach.

Monchengladbach can play a big part in this group. They're rejuvenated following the sacking of their manager and are in good form. We didn't deserve to beat them and I don't think Sevilla will find them so easy when they play again. I can see Juve struggling to get anything out of their return fixture as well.

I prefer City away from home. We're in a strong position and I think Pellegrini will play a more compact formation and avoid defeat in Seville. If we play on the counter we can definitely beat them as they'll do everything to win that game and leave space at the back. We could potentially be on 9pts with Juve in 2nd place following that game. Either way, we're capable of beating Juventus. It's that last game at home we'll need to see out. Fortunately the Sevilla v Juve game could go either way but I think we'll win the group this season which would be fantastic.

In terms of winning the competition. Not a chance on what I've seen so far. Juve did well last season but this is a completely different side and they're not showing anywhere near the same form. Worst teams that us have won it, but they've been well organised defensively. They played on the counter and they rode their luck at times but generally it was hard to create scoring opportunities against them. We're very easy to attack and rely on our creativity to get us out of trouble. We can't go on like that in the CL without being on the end of a hammering. Lady luck has been on our side so far (and about time!). If we can sort out our defence, and if we get an away leg first in the CL then we'll do well because I think we'll bolster our midfield. Yaya isn't needed so much in an attacking sense when all of our attacking players are fit. He doesn't do enough defensively either. For me, we'll be a better side with Delph and Fernandinho in the central two and Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero ahead of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.