Proud! But some of you should be ashamed

Agree with the OP. Am proud as fuck to be city. But devastated. Really wanted to get to wembley as have never had the oppotunity in my life time. But we are progressing and that's all I can ask. (sorry for bad spelling, tad drunk) x

Let's be honest now. Bobby got his selection all wrong tonight. But he has learned a valuable lesson, that England is very different to Italy. We lost a battle but will win the war. This is only the start, for the rags it's a last hurrah. City is the future, they are yesterdays men

It's hard, it's hard when you give so much and loose it in a few seconds. I sometimes question the commmitment of the pro players, that they can't possibly care as much for their jersey as the amatuers, as other players in other sports.
But what I saw tonight, (from both sides to be fair) was different, just total commtiment. And I hadn't respected them as much as I should have, sometimes all I saw when I look at them, players in general, was overpaid prema donas, but that was all heart out there, and we were unfortunate to be on the loosing side.
It started as "just" a semi final of the Carling cup, and turned into something more.

And we'll learn from it. There's always tomorrow, there's always the rest of the season, and I think this will make us stronger, and I honestly think it will be a turning point in the season. In the club.
It will ground us a bit. They won tonight because of obviously good players, but because of experience and that's something we can't buy. It'll just come with time.
If there's not a lot of pain when you loose then there wont be a lot of joy when you win, bad days come around a lot more in sport then the good ones. So we should cherish them.

It's not the end of the world, it might feel like it, but and at the end of the day, the facts are that they are just another team, and there is plenty more football to be played. This loss means nothing, nothing more than bragging rights and in a weeks time we'll be more focused about the game ahead and they'll have Arsenal to worry about.

It's obvious to anyone that the gap is closing, and I think football is better off for it. They say City are killing football, (apparently Chelsea can do it but City, well that's a different story, all for trying to level the playing ground..) but it has brought a new sense of rivalry into the derby today and I expect the same when we meet again in matches to come and, I was kinda loosing hope and faith in football. All I saw it for at times were just pros being paid to wear a jersey they cared nothing about and would easily at the drop at the hat turn their backs on their clubs and sell their soul to the devil. There was little or no change in the top 4 and when it was really needed football was loosing it's grip on the people who needed it most. But if every game was played with the same passion and manic aggresion that we saw tonight, if every ground had that atmosphere and every player played with that sense of pride and passion and almost anger then maybe it would get back that spirit it had once upon a time..before it was sold for God only knows what. There was no I on the pitch tonight, there were 2 teams fighting for their crest, and football could use some more of it.

..Destroying football..please, when was the last time anyone can remember a game played with so much passion, heart and commitment, or an atmosphere that good. God forbid City coming up could be a good thing. Oh that wouldn't be possible at all now would it.

..This will push us on now, and it will be the driver of our season in a way. The gap is closing, not just on United, we'll have to live with them as top 4, and footballs better for it I say, but the top teams. All we need to do is keep grounded and keep our heads down and I think this is the match that will bring about it all.

macca's got his pride back.... we're on our way for sure!

seriously, I love that post. it captures the pride I feel in defeat. I can't feel bad about tonight because despite them coming out on top, it was as honest a defeat as you can get... nothing hurts more than seeing your team flattering to decieve, never believing, never committing to the moment. what we saw was completely genuine, hard fought, top class sporting contest. I've never seen city genuinely compete at the top level. In the end, the difference was no more than a single moment of lapsed concentration. you don't become the best overnight. if we'd have won it would have been beginners luck. let the rags take the piss, we are on the brink, and with experience and hard work we will be there.

lancs blue said:
Christ, only just logged on and read the OP - please don't say people are after Mancini's head already? FFS get a grip!

Before you make comments like you have just made, you migh find it enlightening to read a few therads on here that have called for Mancini's head so i am justified which is more than i can say for your post

EDIT sorry just re-read your post and yeah can you believe it

LongsightM13 said:
Let's be honest now. Bobby got his selection all wrong tonight. But he has learned a valuable lesson, that England is very different to Italy. We lost a battle but will win the war. This is only the start, for the rags it's a last hurrah. City is the future, they are yesterdays men

exactly where i'm at, this is our beginning, tonight we had a scratch back four and it told in the end
its a really difficult defeat to take as it hurts like hell but we have to look at the bigger picture, there are plenty of games left in our season to make it a season to remember.
a fully fit squad and we are a match for anyone, and another derby to go to exaxct revenge

c.t.i.d

there is a fine line between success and failure, at 0-0 at ht i was very happy indeed

in my opinion we were a bit too defensive 2nd half, we let them take over midfield and rooney could have had a couple before he scored at the end

maybe we should have pressed for the 3rd last week ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.