PS4 OR Xbox One

Malty said:
che_don_john said:
Anyone who buys a modern console in the first year of it's release is to some extent an unpaid beta-tester. Takes at least that time for manufacturers to identify and fix the faults. And most of the games are really just glorified tech demos (the development teams having not had a great deal of time or resources to work with the new hardware).

Always better to wait at least a year after release (also for the price drops!).

This is a nutshell.

Wait with your cash a year, and buy the new games on the older gen consoles.
Or if cash isn't an issue, just buy one and enjoy it.

I went for a PS4, I had the Xbox last time and didn't really get much use out of it, I bought the kinect and thought it was absolutely shite, so wasn't bothered with cameras this time around and wasn't interested in the media stuff as I don't see the hardship in using the remote to switch between the sky box, smart TV etc.

As someone without much of clue, what I read pointed towards the PS4 bring better for gaming and at a better price, so far I've just been playing FIFA and bits and pieces on Killzone, which I'm not a great fan of, but it seems a decent console.

I'd probably be better suited to a PC as the games available are much more my cup of tea, but I can't be arsed with the messing about and seemingly constant upgrading that is required.

Got a launch PS4. I'm not as much pro Sony as i'm anti-Microsoft. That said I do own a PS3 and a Vita as well. Couple that with the Playstation Plus and i'm swimming in free games for all 3 systems. Any of you guys try Infamous Second Son yet?

Visually a beautiful game but story lacks a bit compared to Infamous 2. Still very fun with the powers you get.

disunion said:
Got a launch PS4. I'm not as much pro Sony as i'm anti-Microsoft. That said I do own a PS3 and a Vita as well. Couple that with the Playstation Plus and i'm swimming in free games for all 3 systems. Any of you guys try Infamous Second Son yet?

Visually a beautiful game but story lacks a bit compared to Infamous 2. Still very fun with the powers you get.
To me ps plus is the biggest stand out for anyone on budget. Ps3/vita and ps+ and that is it. Sorted for a year for £40 with some big titles guaranteed or as good as if they keep up with previous months I've told so many people about it yet so little have actually taken it up. I actually have given up my ps3 and traded it in against the xbox one because it wasn't getting much play but I have the vita and ps4 to take advantage of the ps+ and hopefully they will release more ps3/vita cross platform games like they have with a few of the independent games like limbo, Thomas was alone and hotline Miami. Some of the aaa games that ps+ has gotten for free is crazy mass effect 3, assassins creed 3, hitman absolution a few moths after it came out and tomb raider this month. hell even battlefield 3 made its way there in the latter part of last year which I never expected being a big online game while most ps+ titles have been single player. The value of it really shouldn't be underestimated

On the surface, the PS4 is cheaper, more powerful and has better exclusives. But no doubt in the end, both consoles will be the same in terms of quality and big name titles on offer.

The real answer is... neither. Give me £500 and i'll build you a PC that pisses all over the pair of them.

BlakeTheBlue said:
On the surface, the PS4 is cheaper, more powerful and has better exclusives. But no doubt in the end, both consoles will be the same in terms of quality and big name titles on offer.

The real answer is... neither. Give me £500 and i'll build you a PC that pisses all over the pair of them.
The thing that has always put me off a pc is the having to use keyboard and mouse never could get used to it even simple games I always had to look at every key I had to press and for the games I would play like cod or battlefield a gamepad just would be any good against those that are beasts with the kb/m combo. I like the way consoles are with everybody being pretty much equal hardware wise maybe some difference with connection or a suped up controller but pretty much all square

Dj1979 said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

The thing that has always put me off a pc is the having to use keyboard and mouse never could get used to it even simple games I always had to look at every key I had to press and for the games I would play like cod or battlefield a gamepad just would be any good against those that are beasts with the kb/m combo. I like the way consoles are with everybody being pretty much equal hardware wise maybe some difference with connection or a suped up controller but pretty much all square

You can use a wired XBox 360 controller with a PC with no trouble whatsoever. Just plug it in, it's a Microsoft product and Windows compatible. A wireless one requires a £4.99 adapter from Amazon. I use my 360 controller for games like Assassin's Creed, Spelunky, Fifa and Sleeping Dogs. PS3 controllers require an extra bit of software, but it's simple to set up by all accounts.

Dj1979 said:
BlakeTheBlue said:

For the majority of games a gamepad will work just fine on the PC. But i used to have the same issue as you with a mouse and keys. It shouldn't be a reason to put you off though mate. Give someone who doesn't play games a control pad and they'll not have a clue and think it feels awkward to use until they're used to it. Pads only seem better to us because we're so used to using them. Within a month you'd be popping off headshots like a pro using mouse and keys. It just takes a bit of getting used to like anything. The visual, gameplay and variety of PC gaming is well worth the leap.

You can always have your consoles too depite what sme close minded PC/Console fanboys tell you :)

I'm still disappointed I have to wait till 2015 for The Witcher 3. Might have to pick up Borderlands 2 on Vita next month. Your save transfers from PS3 so that'll give me a chance to catch up on DLC. I'll just have to wait to get back from vacation to buy it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.