PS4 OR Xbox One

Thaksinssoldier said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Just look at what the wii achieved when it said screw the graphics.

The wii was fucking shit. What's your point?

It had highly addictive gameplay that took the simple approach and as a result blew the other consoles out of the water. It certainly wasn't my cup of tea, but nintendo showed if you stopped obsessing over graphics you could do better, and they did.

I haven't used a ps4 yet, but the xbox one has tons of features that took a different approach and it is a fantastic piece of kit. Haters goin hate I guess, but if you want purely graphics go the pc route. If you want a console that delivers a much deeper and immersive gaming experience, the xbox is certainly doing it, and god knows where it can go.

Not a matter of haters gonna hate. I genuinely don't know anyone who used their Wii beyond about the first couple of months that they owned it. I do know plenty of people who once the novelty wore off either sold it fairly quickly (I was lucky enough to find some daft sod to buy mine) or just had it lying gathering dust under their TV not being used. I also know, in contrast, plenty of people who are still using their 360 or PS3 even though they have both been out for the best part of 10 years.

Now that they have the servers running reasonably well, Driveclub is an absolute beast of a racing game. Online races are brutal but the cream always seems to rise to the top over the barging bully racers.

Still more to come too...

The wife has bought me an Xbox one for Christmas. I know that doesn't help you decide, just thought I'd share.

Thaksinssoldier said:
80s Shorts said:
No reason to buy a PS4 or XB1 as far as I can see. Same old same old with only slightly better visuals.

As long as the majority of gamers keep spending their hard earned ( or their parents hard earned ) on tweaked versions of the same game every 12 months then the industry will remain stagnated, boring and predictable.

I don't think I will bother with this generation of the popular consoles as there is no indication that things will change much.

Maybe a Steam Machine will be worth looking at. The Alienware console looks interesting.

If you are looking at it purely from a games perspective, you are missing the point.

The next gen stuff for the xbox one really is how it syncs into all your other entertainment needs, and the kinects voice activation is a complete game changer. 5 minutes playing FIFA making subs and tactical changes by voice command would make you a convert.

Gamers are far too hung up on graphics, and thats whats stifling creativity. Just look at what the wii achieved when it said screw the graphics. Xbox One is a quantum leap in immersing you into the experience.

It really would not. Shouting at the TV. "Xbox On" rather than pressing a button to turn it on, or shouting "FFS get Dzeko off" rather than pressing a button to sub his arse really does not make for a leap in immersion for me.

As far as the rest of my post goes you seem to agree. Same old same old with slightly better visuals does not equate to a better experience.

At the moment the only thing that is keeping me interested in gaming is the evolution of the Elite Dangerous universe. That may sway me to invest some hard earned in some hardware. Be it an XB1 or PS4 or more likely a steam machine.

Downloaded the update the other night on the ps4 and it completely bricked it. Spent 3 hours trying to sort it to no avail. It's in the shop now for repairs. Hope the hard drive survives.

There's a great deal on at tesco at the moment a 42" LG TV and Xbox one for £499 TV has a five year warranty as well
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-42-inch-full-hd-tv-inc-5-yr-guarantee-xbox-one-with-forza-horizon-2-499-tesco-2036472" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/lg-42-i ... co-2036472</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.