Clichy
Fernando
Fernandinho
Toure
Silva
De Bruyne
Aguero

Yep. This is what I was thinking.

However, I do think Navas will start, possibly instead of Dave who may not be sufficiently recovered in time. Also, it may suit us for Navas to start as he offers us genuine pace (if not quality) on the break which as the game wears on will be invaluable as PSG are the ones that have to score. If Navas doesn't start, i'd bring in Delph for Fernando just to give us that bit of energy and drive that wouldn't be present otherwise

Hart

Sagna
Otamendi
Kompany
Clichy

Fernandinho
Fernando

Yaya

De Bruyne
Aguero
Silva

Cmon city... A chance to salvage the season!
This has to be the lineup IMO and I think it is both the right one and, strangely enough, the one MP will go with. I think this team gets to the next round.

....................................................................................hart..........................................................

sagna..............................................vinny...................................................mangala............................clichy

fernandiniho.................................................zaba............................Fernando.......................................kdb

........................................................................................yaya.....................................................................

........................................................................................aguero...........................................
MP will never play a FB out of position. Pep might...but this is just not happening.

Nicolas Otamendi is a doubt to face PSG after getting injured v West Brom and Kompany is in a race against time to return for the game. [Guardian]

anyone with sense will play sagna at CB but MP will play Demi..

I wouldn't play Silva, KDB and Toure for this, too open, too easy to play through, even with the Ferns in midfield they can double up on our FB's and get crosses into Ibra where he'll punish us eventually.

For me Navas has to play on the right, granted his attacking play is frustrating, but everything else he brings makes up for it in a game like this. We're in control of this tie, we should play like it. Play smart, patient football. Keep the ball when we have it, counter attack quickly given the chance.

I wouldn't play Silva, KDB and Toure for this, too open, too easy to play through, even with the Ferns in midfield they can double up on our FB's and get crosses into Ibra where he'll punish us eventually.

For me Navas has to play on the right, granted his attacking play is frustrating, but everything else he brings makes up for it in a game like this. We're in control of this tie, we should play like it. Play smart, patient football. Keep the ball when we have it, counter attack quickly given the chance.

Exactly. They have to score, we don't. We need to (for once) approach this game in a calculated way. Game management will be key from the boss

Exactly. They have to score, we don't. We need to (for once) approach this game in a calculated way. Game management will be key from the boss

Just because we have the away goal advantage doesn't mean we don't have to score. If you think we'll keep a clean sheet you're having a laugh. If we had won 2-1 i'd be inclined to agree with you but PSG only need a goal, we may have the away goal advantage but its still only a draw. If we go 1-0 down we're in trouble.

In my opinion we need the first goal, thats important, like you say it has to be calculated, we can't go all out for it but we'll need to spring counter attacks. Can't spend the whole night 1 goal away from going out.

navas will play because out of all of our attackers he is arguably our most hard working along with sergio. plus his game is far more suited to running into space on the counter attack than it is breaking down parked buses.

i am hoping manuel goes for a similar approach as to last week and sit deep and counter because if we try and play an open game against psg like we have done to most to sides at home this season we will just get beat in my opinion.

the biggest question alongside who plays defense is whether or not yaya plays because if he does play then silva doesn't for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.