PSG post match thread

Matuidi is a huge loss for them in the second leg, Luiz they might be better without...

I think they'll field the same front three apart from maybe bringing in Lucas for Cavani. Wouldn't be surprised if Di Maria started in midfield so they don't have to start Stambouli. I see them scoring but I see us scoring as well so as long as we only allow one we will be fine. Let's get it done boys

Great result. But I still think it's a 50/50 chance we'll go thru. We've not been great at home in the CL and PSG has the talent to match us.

But we have to go for it.
As it stands it is PSG that has to attack. So City can play the same game as last night with focus on counterattack.

Fantastic result last night but there is still a lot of work to do. They will score against us at the Etihad and that means we have to score too. We looked so good on the counter so this game should suit us down to the ground. They will also be without Luiz and without Matuidi, it's going to be a tough one still but everything is in our favour.

what a game last night and a great result to take back home to the Etihad, thought we played really well but there was a few tomes that some players have shown they wont be what is required by Pep next season, with some silly mistakes and poor passing that got us into trouble.

That said I reckon we can take this team at home and progress, you can see that if you attack PSG with quality they are not that great and that is probably because they have it so easy in Ligue 1

I would have made the Kelechi move and given him fifteen minutes. He would have waltzed round that PSG defence - they were on their last legs.
I think Bony was given preference due to his "hold up ability" while Nacho is another pure striker, good at running channels, if we were looking for a goal, maybe, but as we didn't have Nasri to help solidify the midfield, Bony got the nod, that's how I saw it anyway.

Very good result to take home. But remember nothing is decided by far, especially as our home form is not impressive at all and we too often conceed.

I think we started well. Luiz should have had a red card for being the last man in the 1st min. Than again PSG should have had a penalty with a red for Mangala, after Clichy headed in nomansland to hand them a counter attack. The ref soon made up for it giving them a penalty when Luiz clearly looked for the standing leg. That guy is as true a c&nt as one can be. Great penalty save by Hart. But by than we already invited them to take the lead by giving the ball away so easily. At halftime it could've been 4-3 to PSG.Exciting game, but way to open without any of the teams controlling the game. The 2nd half PSG were the better team up until we equalized. Again we left way too much space and none of our defenders was able to get a decent buold up starting. Clichy the worst of them all. The 2-2 was lucky but after that I feel we missed several opportunities to win the match. Aguero totally fading and walking around like Anelka in his days. Silva often turning the wrong way.After De Bruyne went off we missed directness and forgot how to change play from one side to another.
Ref was poor. Far too many yellow cards for the way the game was played. And Ibrahimovitch might have been in an offside position right in front of Hart when the latter parried it for their second. Than again without playing well Ibrahimovitch should have scored a hattrick. We can't say this about Aguero.

Anyways, 2-2. Much better than I expected and we are definitely in with a chance if we can perform at home like we know we can and stop making silly mistakes. All four QF legs not decided. As it is we can have Benfica, Atletico and Wolfsburg joining us in the SF's, but somehow I doubt that will happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.