• Draw

Votes: 143 34.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 165 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only see 3 or 4 nil PSG and a very frustrated Sergio.

Hope I'm wrong!

Watching PSG v Chelsea they worked really hard first period closing down Chelsea but after that I thought they became open allowing Chelsea to create chances.
If we can contain them for 20-25 min then I think we can get a result.
Yup, my thoughts exactly. Struggle through the opening and then BAM! on the break. De Bruyne back just in time to do the damage.
1-2 goals 0-1 De Bruyne 0-2 Sergio 1-2 Ibra

Hi there, greetings from Paris, where the sun is shining and the pressure is rising :-)
I was at our game at the Parc on Saturday againt Nice. Surprisingly, Blanc decided to send his A team on the field, the only exception being Di Maria, who had been lightly hurt with his national team three days prior. Nice is a good team, and Ben Arfa is doing wonders there. You should have a look at the goals of this game, they are all spectacular. Zlatan score three and looked amazing, I never saw him pressing the defenders like that, that was surprising considering we are already champions. Luiz had an assist and a goal, but is still frightening to watch, with his habit of dribbling his way out from the other side's attackers. Silva is fantastic as usual. Now, for the less bright side: Verratti and Pastore are out, which leaves us with Di Maria being (with Zlatan) the only real passer of the team. Rabiot (turned 21 yesterday) has been impressing lately (you might remember he scored at Stamford Bridge, and he made a very sweet assist against Nice on Saturday), but he's no Marco and never will be. And our best right back, Aurier, is back with the group now that he learned to keep his mouth shut (which actually did not prevent him from having some problems last week with his national team...), but Marquinhos will play on Tuesday. He's a tremendous defender, which will be much needed against Silva and KDB, but not a natural counter-attacker as Aurier (ov even Van der Wiel) is. Bottom line is: PSG is in good form, and Zlatan is sharper than ever right now. But in the absence of Verratti and (less importantly, since he's been sidelined for most of the season) Pastore, City will make it diificult for us if they can control Di Maria. Luiz can win us a match but he can lose us a match as well. I'd still say we are a little bit favorites, especially knowing that Kompany will not be there, but your offensive line is rather scary, we're not exactly used to deal with that level of talent (even if, all things considered, we did pretty well against Costa-Hazard-Willian-Cesc). Here's to a good game, and for those of you who will be in Paris, have fun!

(here's a link to the PSG-Nice highlights )

Thanks for the information. I watched the PSG v Chelsea tie, and I thought you were good but not maybe as good as you were in previous seasons where I think you were a bit unlucky not to progress further in the competition.

City have been very very poor this season and in part that is down to injury. Yes Kompany is a massive loss for us, but Otamendi and Mangala are good players. They need time playing time together. De Bruyne has just returned after a bad injury and surprised everyone how well he did in his first game back, but whether he can produce in what promises to be a much more intense game, after such a long time out, I don't know. It would be a big ask.

I believe the major reason for City's poor season is that our coach Pellegrini has chosen to play on with Yaya Toure but his game has declined so much that the team have suffered as a result. That's my view. Most City fans don't seem to agree. It's been a controversy all season.

When the draw was made, I thought well at least we have avoided Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern but we'll probably go out, however I am feeling more confident now as our injured players return. We only really have Kompany out, and if we get it right on the night and have some luck we are capable of winning. I think you deserve to be narrow favourites.

My team would be

--------------------Hart
Sagna---Otamendi----Mangala----Clichy
-------Fernando--Fernandinho
-----Navas--De Bruyne--Silva
----------------Aguero

If Delph had a few more games under his belt, I'd have gone for him instead of Navas, but with De Bruyne returning from injury and question marks about Silva's fitness I don't think we can take many risks

Last edited:
Never happy when players are out through injury but Verratti not playing for PSG could make a massive difference in my opinion. It should allow City to get a much better grip over midfield and maybe even control the game. Then again, counter attack could be more effective with the likes of De Bruyne & Aguëro up front.

Just picked up my ticket / process quite efficient- bar the airport security to get into the conference room (serious). Get it sorted sooner than later, though.
Where are fans drinking tonight - anyone know?

hart
sagna
otamendi
mangala
clichy
Fernando
dinho
yaya (I think he`ll be fit)
de bruyne
silva
aguero

yaya (I think he`ll be fit)
would be a huge liability, stick with the two ferns for now. city will need all the stability in midfield they can get. especially with the renewed controversy re touré following his agent's statements. i wouldn't even put him in the squad now tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.