• Draw

Votes: 143 34.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 165 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same team as Saturday for me except willy.. Got a feeling we're gonna sneak this one having Kdb is a big boost more creativity in midfield..

Quite confident we can get a result from this. Ibra is sensational and the sort of player who can win a game from nothing. But he is more likely to be a physical threat than a pacey one and I think Ota and Mangala will handle that a lot better than someone with pace running at them. With Verratti out the midfield battle becomes a lot more even. Offensively, with KDB back we're a hell of a lot better and more threatening. I think we'll look to contain them and hit them on the counter and we've the players to pull that off. Keep it tight for the opening 45mins and then look to get an away goal or two. We need to score in Paris to go through in my opinion as I'm sure we'll concede at home if under pressure.

Not that Pellegrini seems the type to target players for a booking, but PSG have several key players (incl. Ibra) on the fence. An out-dated link was posted earlier. Here is the current picture. Otamendi would obviously be a big loss for us next week - although hopefully MP has learned MDM is done.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2349037.html

I hope Otamendi cuts out the sliding tackles, keeps his eye on the ball and stands up when faced with Ibrahimovic.

pff tomorrow seems miles away still ... will have to struggle through Barcelona v atletico first ;-)
Someone posted earlier Savic is playing well for Athletico. I don't understand how we bought him for 10 million, part exed him for Nastasic plus another 11 million & then got rid of him so now we dont have a speedy young centre back as 1 of our four choices.

Willy (Hart if he can go w/o pain)
Zabba Mangala Ota Clichy
Nando Dinho
Navas Silva KDB
Aguero

I'd essentially have Mangala Man-marking Ibra; with Nando sliding into the CB or Stopper role is Ibra drifts out of the wings.
-Zabba and Gael have better pace than Sanga and Kolorov is too much of a liability. Cavani isn't the fastest in the world, so there could be an advantage there.

IF we need to switch to a more attacking base during the match; bring off Nando and switch to a 4-4-2
Zabba, Mangala, Ota, Clichy
Navas Dinho Silva KDB
Aguero Nacho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.