PSG seal 150 Million a year sponsorship!

Helmet Cole said:
Tevez City said:
Did Platini open his mouth yet ?

Not at all. Deafening silence and all that. Might be worth popping over to the 'cafe' later to see what the delusional debt-ridden wankers think is going to save them from oblivion now?
They have a thread on it. Worth reading if you fancy a giggle.

I wonder what UEFA will have to say on this.

I have always maintained that our deal wasn't the absolute piss take that others (especially in the press) have made out, especially since we won the league.

£30-40 million (depending on where you read) for the kit, stadium and academy rights for the Champions of the most watched league on the planet is probably about right. No-one can deny the exposure that our club has now exceeds the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal. One only needs to look to united's latest deal on their training kit to appreciate the value that being a leading club gives to commercial sponsors. So, irrespective of the nature of the relationship between City and their sponsors, our deal would stand up to objective scrutiny most certainly at the bottom end of the range mentioned above.

The same cannot be said about this putative deal. To suggest otherwise would be absurd. It will be interesting to see how UEFA deal with this. I wouldn't rule out them acting quite forcefully against it, due to pressure from the established order who will doubtless be throwing around threats about a breakaway if they don't have their positions protected adequately.

It's funny, that so often in life people seem unwilling to deal with the consequences of the monsters that they have created themselves. When the likes of united, Real and AC Milan were driving for a brave new commercial world in European football what did they expect to happen if their dreams came to fruition? Did they really think that they'd be able to carry on as before, just with more money in their bank account? There are forces at work here which they cannot contain and they've only got themselves to blame for it.

I just read that Ligue un is not even in the top 4 of most watched leagues which surely.....................

I dont know why im bothering its not bent but Platini is

xzbit04 said:
I think we need to step up a couple of our sponsorships ASAP if this is allowed

"Paris Saint-Germain have clinched a massive deal with the Qatar Tourism Authority that will bring the Ligue 1 leaders more than €150 million over each of the next four seasons.

The agreement with the QTA, a body linked to the Qatari state that is aimed at promoting tourism in the Arab state, was revealed to French football's financial watchdog, the DNCG, on Tuesday, Le Parisien reports. It is not a sponsorship agreement but a "vast publicity campaign intended to promote the image of Qatar", the paper adds.

Retroactive for 2012, it will boost PSG's coffers by €150 million for the current campaign, increasing progressively to a minimum of €200 million in its final season, 2015-2016. That sum could be even larger, with the contract containing bonus clauses based on the team's performances in European competition.

The initial influx of revenue will help balance PSG's books for the current season, and keep them in line with UEFA Financial Fair Play guidelines. With European football's governing body taking into account clubs' finances as of the 2011-12 season, the deal with the QTA is a major boost for PSG. A recent France Football article had claimed nothing short of victory in the Champions League final this season would ensure the club met UEFA criteria.

Meanwhile, Javier Pastore has added to a trying week by losing his temper when attempting to enter the club's Camp des Loges training ground. The Argentina international was refused entry via the gate reserved for the use of Carlo Ancelotti and his technical staff.

Forced to perform a U-turn to park his car with those of the other PSG players, Pastore reversed - deliberately, according to L'Equipe - into the gate before parking and participating in training.

The incident comes after the publication in Italy of an interview Pastore gave to Chi magazine in which he said he was unhappy in France and vowed he would one day play for AC Milan."
What's the source for this? I can't see anything being reported and there's no links. So need to ask the question.

Well done PSG, IMO there is absolutely nothing wrong with what they have done. They are offering a service to a business who are paying them for it.

What annoys me about FFP is the fact it was supposed to be there to stop clubs doing a rangers or Portsmouth. And by PSG getting this deal then the club is secure for the foreseeable future even if their owner walks away.

There is no doubt that this deal is what it is because of their owners connections, but business is all about having them connections. Liverpool are have a lucrative kit sponsor who are Boston based just like their owners. Chelsea have Gazprom who Abramhovic has links with. And half the bundesliga teams have sponsors who have connections with the club.

Rather than stop new money coming into football because it isn't considered the "fair rate" UEFA should embrace it. After all PSG will attract a lot of sponsors to France which will benefit the whole league. Yes PSG will have the upper hand in the short term but I'm its no good just having money you also have to spend it wisely.

Look at us for example, we bought Milner for a reported 24 mil and Barry for 12 mil. That has given Villa 36 million to help their club. Lescott for 24 mil and Rodwell for 12 has done the same for Everton. So money is circulating through the league creating more competition. Would Newcastle have done so well last year if they didn't sell Carroll for 35 mil?

Also why should any club have a deal questioned whether it is fair value? Going to liverpool's sponsor should the value of it only be the same as Newcastle or Everton because they are now similar clubs. And based on current form should our value be a lot higher than Arsenals because we are more successful in the short term.

Finally UEFA should be looking at issues like the rags owners fleecing their club and them being hundreds of millions in debt. Or how Real Madrid have benefitted from the government and how Spanish banks will call in debts from smaller unstable clubs but allow the bigger clubs to carry on as normal. This is what is ruining football not new competition.

Sorry - got it now.
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1271135/paris-saint-germain-announce-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... -announce-</a>€150m-a-year-deal?cc=5739#

150mil a season lol, in the words of Arry the great "ffp just got blown out the water"

Haha you couldn't send a bigger FU if you tried.

I hope Mr Gill the arsehole chokes for many a day on this news.
Platini won't you won't hear a dicky bird of him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.