PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

I know they are. But there wasn't a hoo-hah when we played Barca. I don't remember it anyway. I just wondered why the reaction now when we've had this before.

You are right. I'm not sure why there wasn't as much fuss made. They were a rip off too. Matchday prices are a rip off full stop. The dross we are serving up probably isn't helping either.

Perhaps the a way out for the club to save face now is to increase the discount for SC holders so tickets are more realistically priced for the regular fans.
They can still rinse the tourists and day trippers.

Surely there is a better way to treat people who have given us more than we could ever have dreamt off in the last seven years? Yes the price is too high and yes something needs to be said to officials but making them look like twats like sly sports news etc pounce on it like vultures and stick the knife in?

My thoughts exactly. Approach the club first and see what could be done (via 1894 and SC's)

Nobody expects £10 tickets all the time do they? We expect fair pricing that's takes into account the core support that City have, which if it hadn't escaped your attention is made up of mostly working class.

Every club has working class fans they make up of about 80% of the fan bases up north, look at Newcastle and United a large majority of their fans are working class and they pay high prices and get large attendances all the time.

I agree that people shouldn't have to pay these prices just as much as I agree that people shouldn't have to pay an average of £160,000 to have a roof over their heads in south Manchester but I wouldn't turn around and call on my neighbours to live on the streets in protest.

Every club has working class fans they make up of about 80% of the fan bases up north, look at Newcastle and United a large majority of their fans are working class and they pay high prices and get large attendances all the time.

I agree that people shouldn't have to pay these prices just as much as I agree that people shouldn't have to pay an average of £160,000 to have a roof over their heads in south Manchester but I wouldn't turn around and call on my neighbours to live on the streets in protest.

That is Rhubbarb, away Cat 1 tickets at Newcastle are £36, which is £22 cheaper than ours. In fact all northern clubs have cheaper match day top category tickets cheaper than ours.

Let's not forget that one of the reasons the Sheikh supposedly bought the club was that we had a solid, loyal fan-base that turned out in the tens of thousands even in League 1. Therefore they felt there was something to build on.

Yet they've slowly and almost deliberately alienated that core support - the fans who watched us just because they loved the club rather than for the fact that they were successful. They want new fans - tourists and glory-hunters - and are quite prepared to see the most loyal fans priced out. If we don't take a stand now, we never will as there won't be enough of us in a few years time.

I get that, but the prices versus PSG are the same as they are for Premiership games and against Barcelona in the last 16 last year.

Not saying that's right. I think match-day pricing is ridiculous, just a little surprised at the reaction. This is consistent and didn't produce the reaction before.

You are broadly right about the Barcelona pricing Marvin. I'm in CB L3 and the ST price for a ticket last season for the last 16 game was £50 or £45 if in CL scheme and this year for the last 8 game with PSG it is £50 but with no CL scheme discount.

As for the strong reaction this season I think one reason is the way they presented the information on the site. The headline price is £60 and that is the one that is attracting all the attention yet the reality is that for Cityzen cardholders and 95% of Season Ticket holders the price range for Adullts is £40/£45/£50.

The other reason is that Ticket prices generally are being condemned everywhere particularly when you look at the increased revenues for the clubs with the new TV deals. For example City will earn c£50million more per annum from 16/17 from the PL deal. If City go on to increase ST prices for next season there will be widespread outrage on here.

As PB has pointed out elsewhere as well, the club is awash with increased revenue this year for the Champions League as part of new deal that kicked in for this season.

That is Rhubbarb, away Cat 1 tickets at Newcastle are £36, which is £22 cheaper than ours. In fact all northern clubs have cheaper match day top category tickets cheaper than ours.

Yeah now they are because they're shit, if you go back as far as the late 90's early 00's their ticket prices were more than ours. You pay for what you see, we all dreamt of the day City would be in this position but unfortunately English clubs charge for what you're experiencing.

You are broadly right about the Barcelona pricing Marvin. I'm in CB L3 and the ST price for a ticket last season for the last 16 game was £50 or £45 if in CL scheme and this year for the last 8 game with PSG it is £50 but with no CL scheme discount.

As for the strong reaction this season I think one reason is the way they presented the information on the site. The headline price is £60 and that is the one that is attracting all the attention yet the reality is that for Cityzen cardholders and 95% of Season Ticket holders the price range for Adullts is £40/£45/£50.

The other reason is that Ticket prices generally are being condemned everywhere particularly when you look at the increased revenues for the clubs with the new TV deals. For example City will earn c£50million more per annum from 16/17 from the PL deal. If City go on to increase ST prices for next season there will be widespread outrage on here.

As PB has pointed out elsewhere as well, the club is awash with increased revenue this year for the Champions League as part of new deal that kicked in for this season.

I would say this sums it up perfectly also think you can add to that the timing of the announcent of prices and time it's being taken out as being tomorrow was very short notice for the hit on the top price for some

The best protest would be for everyone to purchase gold season tickets only and not attend any cup or away games whatsoever, impossible to organise though, I actually think the government should get more involved, clubs are in effect a monopoly and should be treated as such

But..... I want to go to support my team!!! On the whole, I think City's prices are more competitive than other TOP clubs but I guess I'm swimming against the tide with this one. Anyway I will be going & I WONT be walking out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.