PSG ticket prices - Protest options v West Brom.

im may be a lone voice but i dont care. i dont think £60 is bad at all for a champions league qtr final.....go to some other grounds, the emirates youll that for back row seat mid week to some mid table league side. plus the idea of a walk out in the biggest game this club has ever had on the european stage is fucking stupid. sorry.
fuck off Jack ;)

im may be a lone voice but i dont care. i dont think £60 is bad at all for a champions league qtr final.....go to some other grounds, the emirates youll that for back row seat mid week to some mid table league side. plus the idea of a walk out in the biggest game this club has ever had on the european stage is fucking stupid. sorry.

Using Arsenal as a barometer for ticket pricing is probably the worst thing you could have done

You are clearly struggling here. Manchester is a working class city. The people that live in the south, like London for example, are definitely more affluent and this would be reflected in the demographics from the area. People that live in the south will earn more, pay more and also pay more to live. You are comparing apples with onions. Comparing with Arsenal is ridiculous.

Im sorry im not missing the point at all. Football is a product more so today than ever. That product has a value in the market and in todays world that market extends well beyond manchester so is never going to be priced just for pekple that live there.

And to assume people are better off in london is naive...bigger salaries maybe but also double the rent and £8 for a pint.

I would say a cup winners cup final is a bigger european game than a QF in the champs league, as it's a final but then the old system was better.

No one can compare ticketing with the arse to win a point as they take the piss and are a disgrace

Last edited:
Im sorry im not missing the point at all. Football is a product more so today than ever. That product has a value in the market and in todays world that market extends well beyond manchester so is never going to be priced just for pekple that live there.

And to assume people are better off in london is naive...bigger salaries maybe but also double the rent and £8 for a pint.
So that's ok then? Fuck the working class who have helped keep the club afloat with their loyal, unwavering support through the lean times because these days you can get day trippers from all over?
Awful attitude.

Bigger salaries, bigger rent, bigger beer costs.
i.e.Bigger salaries because of / or the cause of a bigger cost of living. So with a bigger salary in London (for example) a football ticket for £55 would be more affordable than a football ticket somewhere that bigger salaries are not paid (for example, let's say Manchester), so how is that comparable?

"never going to be priced just for people that live there".
What about from a club that makes a big deal about community and local support? I think the word "just" is the problem with that part. It's not that it isn't "just" priced for the people that live there. it's that it's not priced for the majority of people that live there at all.

I know @Ric says he has no sway with the club and I agree, but this is the largest City Forum and I think that Bluemoon should lead the way
Can I suggest on Monday/Tuesday there is a poll on here with five or six suggestions on how best to protest and within five or six days the most voted for is touted about on other City Forums, Unofficial Twitter and Facebook accounts so as many supporters as possible know how to protest as a group

I would have thought the 8000 empty seats against Seville, 13000 against Borrussia and 11,000 against Kiev would indicate that perhaps demand isn't there even at lower prices. It's unusual practice to but prices up when there is lack of demand, although I suppose that may be why they are putting them up as they realise that the same 40,000 turn up regardless so they may as well have the empty seats and more revenue by screwing those that turn up regardless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.