Public enquiry into Manchester bombing

According to today’s stuff it took around 15 mins for first paramedic and 42 for first ambulance into the arena, the fire service 2 hours 10 mins, when we have a station two mins away, I can’t wait until they get the ex chief in the dock to explain this, see if he starts crying his crocodile tears like he did on granada reports the coward.

I find that claim about the police not knowing about the concert impossible to believe. A major city centre event, with 20k (?) attending. There would need to be police on traffic duty, surely. Never mind having units on standby in case of some emergency. Wouldn't the owners of the arena, and the concert promoter, liaise with the emergency services and the local council in the weeks leading up to such an event?
If they felt a need they would and then would organise it with the police, but what other previous Areana Grande concert has ever caused an issue anywhere in the world? None. This wasnt Slipknot on Crack playing a gig supported by the I Love Hitler band.

hindsight and blame - we're good at that
Lessons need to be learnt. I can't speak for GMP or BTP but we must have plans for major incidents. Its always chaos when large scale incidents happen but having an action plan to fall back on gives some structure to it. Operational Inspectors must be trained in dealing with critical/major incidents-in my force it does not happen, you are thrown in at the deep end.

We must communicate with other emergency services and neighbouring forces better. Moreover we must have more emergency services available to deploy, esp police and ambulances in the first place.

Staffing/resources are never planned for what if the worst happens, only to get by-and we usually manage it.

Was there an RV point set up? Was there a command structure put in place in quick time and was there a joint control/forward control point set up, again in quick time.

It is appalling that it took so long to declare it a major incident, to get the medical assistance there quick enough-yes its easy in hindsight but I have spoken about these things professionally for many years.

As I said earlier the stress on likely 1 Duty Inspector would have been incredible. Plus another insp/chief insp in the control room. People are hung out to dry when it goes wrong.

Lessons need to be learnt. I can't speak for GMP or BTP but we must have plans for major incidents. Its always chaos when large scale incidents happen but having an action plan to fall back on gives some structure to it. Operational Inspectors must be trained in dealing with critical/major incidents-in my force it does not happen, you are thrown in at the deep end.

We must communicate with other emergency services and neighbouring forces better. Moreover we must have more emergency services available to deploy, esp police and ambulances in the first place.

Staffing/resources are never planned for what if the worst happens, only to get by-and we usually manage it.

Was there an RV point set up? Was there a command structure put in place in quick time and was there a joint control/forward control point set up, again in quick time.

It is appalling that it took so long to declare it a major incident, to get the medical assistance there quick enough-yes its easy in hindsight but I have spoken about these things professionally for many years.
There already is a structure for this. SADCHALET.

According to today’s stuff it took around 15 mins for first paramedic and 42 for first ambulance into the arena, the fire service 2 hours 10 mins, when we have a station two mins away, I can’t wait until they get the ex chief in the dock to explain this, see if he starts crying his crocodile tears like he did on granada reports the coward.
And GMP weren't "operationally aware" of the concert because it was BTP's responsibility, whatever the f**k that means, it's not painting Manchester's authorities in a very good light.

This is like Trumps outburst over that security guard who didn't go into the school all guns blazing when Trump said he would have done. Turns out the guard was following procedure and waiting for backup so as not to steam in and add to the gunfire and bloodshed.

So many people on here seem to have expert knowledge ( or think they have ) about what could and should have been done. Simple facts are these are one off events. There cannot be a dry run a perfect training exercise at the exact spot where something later happens so everybody knows where to be where to go like choreography. Think Bradford, think Kings Cross or Grenfell and even the Manchester bombing by the IRA. In all such cases emergency services follow a predetermined plan which has to be a one size fits all approach and so there will always be gaps, errors and the unforeseen. All that can be done is hope everybody did their best in the circumstances and that any lessons that can be are learned and taken forward. God forbid but when the next one happens there will be post event hand wringing and questions and some mistakes will inevitably be made then too - its what happens but its important to learn every time.

If you're talking about Parkland (i think it was), the guy was a deputy sheriff. He was a sworn law enforcement officer and not a security guard.

And GMP weren't "operationally aware" of the concert because it was BTP's responsibility, whatever the f**k that means, it's not painting Manchester's authorities in a very good light.

The Arena is on railway property, hence BTP have Primacy and are responsible for policing it. Just like when the Midland Hotel was owned by London Midland Railway in the old days, that was down to BTP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.