Public enquiry into Manchester bombing

Absolutely agree although we aren’t trained to the high standard of paramedics many of us are trauma technicians who they were screaming for they know we can do a bit more than stretcher bearing, would we have saved anyone, who knows but what I do know is would have done everything we possibly could.
I wasn't meaning to be dismissive. My daughter says they often get back-up from fire crews for cardiac arrests, where every pair of hands counts.

I wasn't meaning to be dismissive. My daughter says they often get back-up from fire crews for cardiac arrests, where every pair of hands counts.
I didn’t take it that way mate, and unfortunately we don’t do cardiac arrests anymore with the paramedics they stopped in September

Having heard some of the reports on Radio 4 about six o'clock they weren't making it clear the firemen were prevented from assisting. It was clear in earlier reports which tallied with Blue Maverick's accounts from the days after the incident.

Bit simplistic that mate, huge errors were made, how many times can we say, oh well lessons learned, the chief of the fire service basically did a runner after the events.

Bit simplistic that mate, huge errors were made, how many times can we say, oh well lessons learned, the chief of the fire service basically did a runner after the events.

Your response is the over simplistic .............yes the fire service had shortcomings but I'll ask you how can we prepare to cover EVERY eventuality in EVERY event be it a natural disaster a terror attack or major disaster such as a fire and have a 100% sound response every time? Are you prepared to state now that can be trained for and done?

What has come from this is a one size fits all is not fit for purpose but more importantly to me is they should look at the people making decisions, many are pen pushers who get to that rank because they are pen pushers and not common sense decision makers, sadly in this day and age to get on it seems they’d rather have someone who follows blindly a piece of paper rather than someone who can think for themselves, which in certain jobs is ok but not in emergency services.

Then when firefighters, paramedics and police officers rush in and are caught in a secondary blast or get in each others way because its total chaos and nobody is following a "pen pushers" planned response what then? There has to be planning and strategy - anarchy is not the way

I've not followed this today. Has there been any mention of the actual criminal investigation. Has the whole Mi6 connection come up? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4546934/PETER-OBORNE-MI6-share-blame-jihadis.html
There was a lot of interesting stuff posted during the aftermath of the bomb about “blowback”, and how the scum (who did it) and his family were allowed to travel to Libya and subsequently return to the UK “no questions asked”, obviously the British authorities saw him/his family and others like him going to Libya and returning here as less important than toppling Gaddafi (his family opposed Gaddafi’s rule - hence them ending up here as asylum seekers).
Not a lot has been said since.

I have often wondered why the scum didn’t like us here?
We gave his family asylum when they were fleeing Libya by way of Saudi Arabia and we played a huge part in toppling his family’s main enemy.
You’d think he’d be happy for two significant interventions from the British government. You’d think he and his family owed our government a debt of gratitude for intervening, twice. Instead he did what he did? It doesn’t make sense!

Your response is the over simplistic .............yes the fire service had shortcomings but I'll ask you how can we prepare to cover EVERY eventuality in EVERY event be it a natural disaster a terror attack or major disaster such as a fire and have a 100% sound response every time? Are you prepared to state now that can be trained for and done?

I think ignoring his posts is the best way forward. He's said some provoking things without substance and follows them up with more controversial and unsubstantiated posts. He adds nothing and responding to him makes him relevant, which he isn't.

Then when firefighters, paramedics and police officers rush in and are caught in a secondary blast or get in each others way because its total chaos and nobody is following a "pen pushers" planned response what then? There has to be planning and strategy - anarchy is not the way
I’m not advocating that but what I am saying is that in the fire service they are more concerned with if you’ve followed procedures than actually doing the job in hand believe me it happens day in and day out, this time it’s come back to bite them in the arse and rightly so. Things like this are fluid and procedures are fine to a point but then you have to rely your instincts and common sense, fortunately there was a police officer on the ground who did this or more could have died.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.