Puma - £650M shirt deal confirmed

I've always wanted Hummel. Love the chevrons down the sleeves
Their Denmark away kit is lovely
fd0ab4edbf886cf593aba51a81e4a02a.jpg

Best shirts were the umbro ones but not to bothered whether it's nike/puma..we have our beautiful round badge back..that is the bonus for me..its so Manchester city.

I’m not bothered who makes our kits as long as they are not horrible, represent our proper colours (about time we had navy socks!) and isn’t a template that twenty-five other clubs or national teams around the world have. And to never have red in any kit, ever!

I don’t buy them, don’t wear them but think we should have our own nice individual kits for the team to represent the club.

I think the clubs put forward the kit they intend to wear and then the referee has a say in any clash.

There’s a tradition at Arsenal that they don’t “interrupt” the home kit. I can only remember one occasion (late 80’s or early 90’s) where they wore red shorts with away kit shorts which were blue. They’d rather change the full kit like they do at Everton or City sometimes to yellow with blue shorts.

Thanks, but doesn't quite answer my question. When arsenal were with Nike they only wore away kits when really necessary. Since being with Puma, it's more often than not. So does club decide, or do shirt sponsor dictate ?

Sadcafe has now got a thread about our potential Puma kit deal. http://www.redcafe.net/threads/manchester-city-to-sign-a-£50m-a-year-kit-deal-with-puma.434045/
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/manchester-city-to-sign-a-£50m-a-year-kit-deal-with-puma.434045/
Some interesting responses on it. Some are starting to see the light and see us as a potential threat. Some are typically in denial mode.

Some of the more amusing ones below
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/manchester-city-to-sign-a-£50m-a-year-kit-deal-with-puma.434045/
'Was always a matter of time till City started getting these genuine deals. Read somewhere that City kits are the highest selling in kids age groups.
I did not think that simply pumping in money could build a proper club when they started out but it fecking did and fair play to them for the perseverance.
'

'They have done it properly.
The Developmental stuff, the brand, the deals to make or buy other clubs as part of the brand, the sponsors. They have shown that it's possible to bridge the gap between anyone and United, providing the money is there.
Stupid fecking kids, buying Citeh shirts.'

'They'll be a big club as long as the Emiratis are there. You go outside Manchester and hardly ever see a City shirt.
I'm lucky enough to travel a lot and you always see United stuff wherever you go. You also get Barca, RM, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Nothing else really.'

in answer to the above these were posted

'I live in London and the only kits I see under 8's wearing is City all the fecking time. Its so popular its not even funny.'

'Yeah I see the same in birmingham. Kids everywhere in man city shirts.
All lot of people on here seem to be in denial, they're closing the gap on us very quickly.'

Anyone know the length of the contract. I see this being very important. I can’t many other teams having the growth in sales we do even if others sell more. There is also the potential for Jesus or Sane becoming an elite player and selling huge numbers. So we are in a different position to most and as such what looks a good deal today may not in 5 years!

Thanks, but doesn't quite answer my question. When arsenal were with Nike they only wore away kits when really necessary. Since being with Puma, it's more often than not. So does club decide, or do shirt sponsor dictate ?

M.22. Subject to Rules M.21 and M.23, when playing in League Matches the Players of each participating Club shall wear Strip which is of a sufficient contrast that Match Officials, spectators and television viewers will be able to distinguish clearly between the two teams. In selecting the choice of Strip the following order of precedence shall apply unless authorised by the Board:
M.22.1. 1st priority: the outfield players of the Home Club who shall wear their home Strip; M.22.2. 2nd priority: the outfield players of the Visiting Club; M.22.3. 3rd priority: the Home Club goalkeeper; and M.22.4. 4th priority: the Visiting Club goalkeeper.

M.23. The Match Officials shall wear colours that distinguish them from the Strip worn by the two Clubs. In the event of the Match Officials not having distinguishing colours then the Visiting Club goalkeeper must change and if this is not possible the Home Club goalkeeper must do so.

M.24. At least 10 days prior to each League Match the Visiting Club shall notify the Home Club and the League on Form 14 of the Strip it intends its Players (including for the avoidance of doubt its goalkeeper) to wear. M.25. The League, in consultation with PGMOL acting on behalf of the referee, will determine any disputes arising between Clubs and no later than three working days prior to each League Match notify both Clubs and the Match Officials of the colours to be worn.

Sadcafe has now got a thread about our potential Puma kit deal. http://www.redcafe.net/threads/manchester-city-to-sign-a-£50m-a-year-kit-deal-with-puma.434045/
Some interesting responses on it. Some are starting to see the light and see us as a potential threat. Some are typically in denial mode.

Some of the more amusing ones below
'Was always a matter of time till City started getting these genuine deals. Read somewhere that City kits are the highest selling in kids age groups.
I did not think that simply pumping in money could build a proper club when they started out but it fecking did and fair play to them for the perseverance.
'

'They have done it properly.
The Developmental stuff, the brand, the deals to make or buy other clubs as part of the brand, the sponsors. They have shown that it's possible to bridge the gap between anyone and United, providing the money is there.
Stupid fecking kids, buying Citeh shirts.'

'They'll be a big club as long as the Emiratis are there. You go outside Manchester and hardly ever see a City shirt.
I'm lucky enough to travel a lot and you always see United stuff wherever you go. You also get Barca, RM, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. Nothing else really.'

in answer to the above these were posted

'I live in London and the only kits I see under 8's wearing is City all the fecking time. Its so popular its not even funny.'

'Yeah I see the same in birmingham. Kids everywhere in man city shirts.
All lot of people on here seem to be in denial, they're closing the gap on us very quickly.'

Closing the gap? The gap is 5 points soon to be 8. Funny how they can’t compete with us in the most important thing of what happens on the pitch and have to measure themselves in shirt sales and how many Malaysian tractor deals they’ve got.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.