Puma - £650M shirt deal confirmed

Sounds like a good deal for us and i think some people are underestimating the strength of Puma's brand. They've seen massive growth of late and they've gone all out in recruiting big brand ambassadors from across the world sport, music and fashion (usain bolt, Rihanna, Griezmann, cara delevigne etc). Sounds like getting City on board might be them striking while the iron is hot and it could be a good link up with a company that wants to put us at the centre of their plans. I know that some fans might not care about that side of things, but I think it's definitely worth pointing out that Puma are up there alongside any of the other big sports brands in terms of prestige and it sounds like they're offering us decent money in relation to the number of shirts we actually sell.

Which kit supplier let us down 3 times in the 90s missing new kit launch dates because they prioritised another team?

Sounds like a good deal for us and i think some people are underestimating the strength of Puma's brand. They've seen massive growth of late and they've gone all out in recruiting big brand ambassadors from across the world sport, music and fashion (usain bolt, Rihanna, Griezmann, cara delevigne etc). Sounds like getting City on board might be them striking while the iron is hot and it could be a good link up with a company that wants to put us at the centre of their plans. I know that some fans might not care about that side of things, but I think it's definitely worth pointing out that Puma are up there alongside any of the other big sports brands in terms of prestige and it sounds like they're offering us decent money in relation to the number of shirts we actually sell.
Puma are part of the kering group, mainly luxury brands

It’s heavily based on shirt sales we simply don’t sell that many.

It's heavily based on advertising and brand awareness to the masses
No manufacturer gets the money back from football shirt sales
The more successful we are, the more we're on television and the more advertising for the manufacturer, plus the manufacturer is associated as a winner
And if we win by playing beautiful football, then the manufacturer is also in for a double bubble

I’d rarely, if ever, look at Puma for gear. It looks popular with Polish people though.

I hate Nike in terms of their kit designs. Lazy asf! Great that City is leaving them for Puma.

Think Puma's biggest deal is signing Virat Kohli . At first you would think whats that got to do with City but when you look at it hes the captain of the Indian cricket team and adored by hundreds of millions of indians so when he starts wearing puma stuff indians will buy it. Its a huge unttapped market out there and City may be looking at that to create more income. If this comes off and works I can imagine our owners looking at buying an indian premier league football team

This ^. I can see Kohli and Kim doing ads together. Cricket is obviously massive (sorry) in India but football is growing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.