Puma - £650M shirt deal confirmed

Was personally hoping for a deal with under armor.
I quite like there kits. Brand is huge in America and slowly increasing in population here.

Maybe puma have big ambitions for the next few years especially with the money they are investing into advertising. 6/7 years ago puma was no where to be seen I thought the brand had died personally but seems to be coming back. Atleast kun will be happy!

As anyone who knows their 'isstree is aware, City and Umbro is a classic match up and in an ideal world maybe we would always have their kits but I doubt that they can afford the size of sponsorship deal that we merit / need.
Pretty sure this kit deal is worth more than the entire Umbro company

I thought we were supposed to be nailed on for Under Armour?
Maybe UA got the boot because Puma made a much better offer and are now a shoe-in.

Almost be amusing if kit threads become full of people wishing for Nike back!

Not a fan of what Puma have done with Gunners' kits and they don't have many big clubs as far as I am aware. Their Uruguay shirt is OK and they have made some decent Lazio shirts in the past so maybe they work well with sky blue.

I was quite liking the idea of UA but I'm unlikely to buy a shirt these days; however, I'd like to be tempted.
Think Puma's biggest deal is signing Virat Kohli . At first you would think whats that got to do with City but when you look at it hes the captain of the Indian cricket team and adored by hundreds of millions of indians so when he starts wearing puma stuff indians will buy it. Its a huge unttapped market out there and City may be looking at that to create more income. If this comes off and works I can imagine our owners looking at buying an indian premier league football team

Looking forwards to seeing Puma’s take on hoodies and tracksuit tops. The Nike leisure wear is nasty.

Anyone know who decides - is it club or shirt supplier, about when the club wears second or third strips? Arsenal frequently wear 2nd/3rd away even when no colour clash, e.g. recently vs Everton. They wore home top a lot more when under Nike

For some reason I'm under the impression that most clubs have a contractual agreement to wear their away strip X amount of times a season regardless of the oppositions home colour (on occasions where it doesn't clash with the away team's home strip anyway). I might have imagined that information or read it somewhere a while ago.

For some reason I'm under the impression that most clubs have a contractual agreement to wear their away strip X amount of times a season regardless of the oppositions home colour (on occasions where it doesn't clash with the away team's home strip anyway). I might have imagined that information or read it somewhere a while ago.

I think that’s spot on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this the same kind of deal the Rag's have with Adidas. Adidas pay them a set fee but keep all the money from shirt sales. It may be more worthwhile for us to take a smaller fee but a commission on shirt sales.

Is this the same kind of deal the Rag's have with Adidas. Adidas pay them a set fee but keep all the money from shirt sales. It may be more worthwhile for us to take a smaller fee but a commission on shirt sales.
That's the same deal that every club have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.