Punk and New Wave thread.

This is worth a watch. Former Crass singer Steve Ignorant talking about being a lifeguard at sea. Not sure if @PinkFinal put it on here a while back, apologies if so.

Went to see Steve Ignorant play live last year not expecting much frankly. How wrong was I? Blew me away. If you get the chance, go and see him.

Just flicking through YouTube and I found this Death Cult 4 track 12" as well as their album and a Cocteau Twins 12" on the back of the 216 bus in town. I don't know what happened to those 3 discs but i think i may have given them to my mate's gf. It's gotta be at least 20 years since
I was already into The Southern Death Cult as I had bought Fatman And
First saw them at The Ritz and at their last gig in town at Mcr Poly in 83.
Ian Astbury formed SDC 1981 who were 2nd gen Punk /Goth. They lasted 3 years as SDC and when they split he soon reformed dropping Southern from the name and they became Death Cult. He brought in Hulme lad and big blue Billy Duffy(ex Theatre Of Hate) as lead guitarist.

In 84 they dropped Death ther time though...
Duffy was also in The Nose Bleeds (with a certain Steven Patrick from Stretford on vocals) and Slaughter & The Dogs

Killing Joke- I am The Virus (Released 11/9/2015)

I Am the Virus.

Death misery and Tears
Calculated Waves of Fear
Drawn up by Think Tanks
Tneres a darkness in the West

False Flags and Black Ops
Tavistock manufactured Shocks..
Somethings Gone horribly wrong
Hot Flushes for the Neo -Con

A population

In deep denial
Contagion released
From a Phial.

Song writers. Jeremy Coleman,Matthew Ferguson,Kevin Walker,Martin Glove..
TUNE

Quite punky or a healthy smidgeon of upbeat rock .. I dunno for sure but it's a mighty fine tune all the same with great lyrics and some awfully nice videography.

never got the clash at the time ? maybe because of the love for anything the jam
but in later life after 40 i sort got them and respected their sound and my fav is tommy gun

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.