Puts on tin hat as its time for a whinge

MadchesterCity said:
SWP's back said:
MadchesterCity said:
can a Moderator please advise why all my posts are being deleted?
I should imagine its because they broke the coc

I don't believe so mate, I never swore or said anything racist.

I just pointed out that you are a better supporter if you stay to the end of the natch and cheer your team on especially if it is a tight match.

i just wish that everyone would do this, if I could ask Santa for one thing it would be this and back to back titles :)
Why? For instance;
A. A fan who lives 15-20 minutes walk from the ground and stays until the final player has left the pitch.

B. A fan who has travelled a long distance (the other end of the country or overseas) and is on a tight schedule regarding the return trip and leaves 10-15 minutes before the end of the game.

Which is the ''better'' supporter? For me, they both deserve credit for going to the game and neither of them should be slagged off. If a fan wants to (or has to) leave the game early, so be it. That's his/her choice.

jimharri said:
MadchesterCity said:
SWP's back said:
I should imagine its because they broke the coc

I just pointed out that you are a better supporter if you stay to the end of the natch and cheer your team on especially if it is a tight match.

i just wish that everyone would do this, if I could ask Santa for one thing it would be this and back to back titles :)
Why? For instance;
A. A fan who lives 15-20 minutes walk from the ground and stays until the final player has left the pitch.

B. A fan who has travelled a long distance (the other end of the country or overseas) and is on a tight schedule regarding the return trip and leaves 10-15 minutes before the end of the game.

Which is the ''better'' supporter? For me, they both deserve credit for going to the game and neither of them should be slagged off. If a fan wants to (or has to) leave the game early, so be it. That's his/her choice.

Then we have a heck of a lot of out of towners coming to watch us which makes the old M6 joke a mute point. I'm in catergory B but would never leave early as I try a squeeze every last drop of my city experience, fuck the traffic.

citymad said:
jimharri said:
MadchesterCity said:

Why? For instance;

Then we have a heck of a lot of out of towners coming to watch us which makes the old M6 joke a mute point. I'm in catergory B but would never leave early as I try a squeeze every last drop of my city experience, fuck the traffic.
I try to get over for 4 or 5 games a season and my schedule is such that I don't have to leave early. However; some will not be able to avoid such problems and may have to get an early evening train/bus/plane back home. I'm in no position to judge them on what (or why) they do. Also, while I am living over in Ireland, I was born and brought up in Moss Side and Longsight and was season ticket holder at Maine Road for nine years before I moved over here. Not all ''out of towners'' have no connection with the club or the city.

timschaefer86 said:
Norville Rogers said:
People are entitled to leave whenever they want, nobody else's business but their own. Staying till the end does not make somebody a 'bigger' fan than somebody who leaves early. The people who leave early will have their reasons, it's not fair that they are criticised by other blues and it's bang out for their support to be questioned.

I'm usually very against criticising Blues but leaving early really winds me up. Unless you have a genuine excuse, I think it's a cowardly thing. Always happens more when we're having an average day too, which just goes to show that it's mainly the people who can't stomach anything less than three points and 80% possession. It's cowardly and it DOES make you a lesser supporter.

And fuck off with the 'its their own business' bullshit, it reflects on the club and our fanbase and the players would sense it.

It's just not good enough.
agree with every word. it is a cowardly thing.turning your back on your own team so you can get out quickly.it does make you less of a fan, in my opinion.

dennishasdoneit said:
stonerblue said:
If you wanna avoid the crowd, why bother going in the first place?

well said.

totally agree, not sure why people want to go through the stress LOL!

In all seriousness until the logistics of the stadium are sorted out there will always be fans leaving early to get on the road home.

citymad said:
dennishasdoneit said:
stonerblue said:
If you wanna avoid the crowd, why bother going in the first place?

well said.

In all seriousness until the logistics of the stadium are sorted out there will always be fans leaving early to get on the road home.

I remain to be convinced. I think it's in people's pysche - this leaving early to beat the crowds malarky. I even see it at my local club Chippenham, where crowds rarely exceed 300.

Mind you, after watching some of the stuff they play, you can understand people wanting to leave early.

Malcontent said:
citymad said:
dennishasdoneit said:
well said.

I remain to be convinced. I think it's in people's pysche - this leaving early to beat the crowds malarky. I even see it at my local club Chippenham, where crowds rarely exceed 300.

Mind you, after watching some of the stuff they play, you can understand people wanting to leave early.

haha yeh maybe some of the city fans are still thinking were watching the Pearce era.

After the Reading game I met up with an old mate for a pint in City sq where we met a few lads off here had a pint and a chat and went home. Walked back to the car park and was home at about 5 minutes later than normal. Leaving for work or other genuine reasons is totally understandable but leaving to beat the traffic is as piss poor an excuse as you could dream up. Going to the match is surely to see the blues not worry about beating the traffic to get home for a cosy brew and strictly come fucking dancing.

It's become the norm and is definetly part of peoples psyche around the 80min mark.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.