Puts on tin hat as its time for a whinge

I strongly agree with the OP. Granted, it's a free world and people can choose to come and go when they please. At least making the effort to come at all is better than staying at home and watching on the telly. I want City to be the best we can be and it's been proven time and time again that most sporting events at the top level are won by tiny margins. Margins that have been attained by attention to detail. Home support is one of those tiny margins where we can all contribute. Leaving early is effectively saying "I don't think you will score" to the team. Those fans have "no fight in their bellies" and when the going gets tough go missing. We currently have a tremendous record at home in the League but this has been achieved despite our support not because of it. If you want City to be the best then sometimes we can make the difference. We can drag the team over the finishing line with our collective will power and vocal support. As I said, all in the detail.

cibaman said:
Dont dispute anyone's right to leave early. Its preferable to staying in the ground and behaving like spoilt brats.
You could have a point there. How many were booing at the end?

Norville Rogers said:
People are entitled to leave whenever they want, nobody else's business but their own. Staying till the end does not make somebody a 'bigger' fan than somebody who leaves early. The people who leave early will have their reasons, it's not fair that they are criticised by other blues and it's bang out for their support to be questioned.

I'm usually very against criticising Blues but leaving early really winds me up. Unless you have a genuine excuse, I think it's a cowardly thing. Always happens more when we're having an average day too, which just goes to show that it's mainly the people who can't stomach anything less than three points and 80% possession. It's cowardly and it DOES make you a lesser supporter.

And fuck off with the 'its their own business' bullshit, it reflects on the club and our fanbase and the players would sense it.

It's just not good enough.

timschaefer86 said:
Norville Rogers said:
People are entitled to leave whenever they want, nobody else's business but their own. Staying till the end does not make somebody a 'bigger' fan than somebody who leaves early. The people who leave early will have their reasons, it's not fair that they are criticised by other blues and it's bang out for their support to be questioned.

I'm usually very against criticising Blues but leaving early really winds me up. Unless you have a genuine excuse, I think it's a cowardly thing. Always happens more when we're having an average day too, which just goes to show that it's mainly the people who can't stomach anything less than three points and 80% possession. It's cowardly and it DOES make you a lesser supporter.

And fuck off with the 'its their own business' bullshit, it reflects on the club and our fanbase and the players would sense it.

It's just not good enough.
It also happens when we are 4 or 5 up so your theory is baseless.

It would help if there were alternative exits near the front of tier 1 & the back of tier 3. Why? Because if at the front of Tier 1 or the back of Tier 3, you either go early or wait 10 mins to leave the stand. Worse sill if you don't get away from the ground on the dot of Full Time, then you will be stuck in traffic Jams fort at least 30 mins.
It will be made worse when the metro opens as it seems that Pollard Street amd Meryl Street will be closed to traffic post match - Quite why they put the Metro in the streets at that point when there was land to East/North that could have accommodated the Metro is beyond me.

In short to stop people leaving the stands early something has to be done about improving traffic flow away from the ground. It is bloody awful and in my opinion the main cause of folks leaving early.

SWP's back said:
MadchesterCity said:
can a Moderator please advise why all my posts are being deleted?
I should imagine its because they broke the coc

I don't believe so mate, I never swore or said anything racist.

I just pointed out that you are a better supporter if you stay to the end of the natch and cheer your team on especially if it is a tight match.

i just wish that everyone would do this, if I could ask Santa for one thing it would be this and back to back titles :)

MadchesterCity said:
SWP's back said:
MadchesterCity said:
can a Moderator please advise why all my posts are being deleted?
I should imagine its because they broke the coc

I don't believe so mate, I never swore or said anything racist.

I just pointed out that you are a better supporter if you stay to the end of the natch and cheer your team on especially if it is a tight match.

i just wish that everyone would do this, if I could ask Santa for one thing it would be this and back to back titles :)

this one wasn't deleted you must be back in favour !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.