Qatar Holdings: Due Diligence On A £1.5billion United.......

superblue91 said:
If something like this were to happen(i genuinely think it only a matter of time b4 someone bails em out) do you think that the champs league will be dun away with and a new league of Europe will be formed i honestly think this is round the corner for Europe's richest clubs,we may not like it but i think its only round the corner.

And yes i know we have a super league of sorts(chumps league)but i mean a genuine 20 strong league

Any thoughts,or is it gettin to late?

i see a middle east pre-season tournament or something along those lines in the next few years, along with the FIFA Club World Cup being there and the World Cup there in 2022.

superblue91 said:
If something like this were to happen(i genuinely think it only a matter of time b4 someone bails em out) do you think that the champs league will be dun away with and a new league of Europe will be formed i honestly think this is round the corner for Europe's richest clubs,we may not like it but i think its only round the corner.

And yes i know we have a super league of sorts(chumps league)but i mean a genuine 20 strong league

Any thoughts,or is it gettin to late?

no, because someone would have to come in last. Egos in football are too big for that.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
cleavers said:
Panic !

FFS grow some.

lol, want the exaggerate people's reactions of the year award?

All I'm saying is if United get taken over, clear their debt they free up their profit margin which is much higher than our own, and will keep them above us and ahead of us in the major foreign markets which will limit our growth potential. This would mean we don't grow as much as we need to to compete properly and we would then struggle with FFPR and not be able to spend big unless Abu Dhabi wants to start having a footballing control battle with Qatar(as it's clear Qatar has some money orientated influence in the corridors of the governing bodies, they are playing big and dirty to get what they want).

Also United will be able to make big signings again which will massively increase their shirt sales and merchandise revenue.

If they don't get taken over, we are absolutely fine, and as appears by jrb, he should be given a kicking for starting this off ;).

The FFPR will constrict United to spending the profits they earn on signings (in simple terms) - as they have a mature marketing strategy there is no chance that they can squeeze much more from the market than they already do.

Remember that the owner can only claim market value and we are basically in the same bracket as United now (or are close to it for sponsorship values etc).

The real differentiator is the plans that are being discussed on the Vegas thread.

These plans and other stuff that the hugely professional people who own and run City have in store will mean we will far outstrip United in terms of revenue and profits within a decade.

I would be unfazed (but disappointed) by such a takeover at United as all you have to do is look at how each of the Emirates in the UAE conduct themselves and where the money is.

It was all Dubai, Dubai, Dubai until they went pop in the financial crisis - Abu Dhabi underwrote them then.

Now its Qatar,Qatar,Qatar because fo Harrods (that advertised its Sale on TV for the first time as they are losing money on that glamour purchase) and the World Cup (will is already being scaled back to save costs etc). I wonder how long before some WC games are offered to AD to save money?

But AD has the F1, Ferrari World etc which are real quality.

I find it all a bit yawntastic in truth ;-)

The future is still very,very Blue.

Haha, just hope that smug c*nt Viva Rivaldo has spread the good news to all of his scummy mates in Ragmongia.

fbloke said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
lol, want the exaggerate people's reactions of the year award?

All I'm saying is if United get taken over, clear their debt they free up their profit margin which is much higher than our own, and will keep them above us and ahead of us in the major foreign markets which will limit our growth potential. This would mean we don't grow as much as we need to to compete properly and we would then struggle with FFPR and not be able to spend big unless Abu Dhabi wants to start having a footballing control battle with Qatar(as it's clear Qatar has some money orientated influence in the corridors of the governing bodies, they are playing big and dirty to get what they want).

Also United will be able to make big signings again which will massively increase their shirt sales and merchandise revenue.

If they don't get taken over, we are absolutely fine, and as appears by jrb, he should be given a kicking for starting this off ;).

The FFPR will constrict United to spending the profits they earn on signings (in simple terms) - as they have a mature marketing strategy there is no chance that they can squeeze much more from the market than they already do.

Remember that the owner can only claim market value and we are basically in the same bracket as United now (or are close to it for sponsorship values etc).

The real differentiator is the plans that are being discussed on the Vegas thread.

These plans and other stuff that the hugely professional people who own and run City have in store will mean we will far outstrip United in terms of revenue and profits within a decade.

I would be unfazed (but disappointed) by such a takeover at United as all you have to do is look at how each of the Emirates in the UAE conduct themselves and where the money is.

It was all Dubai, Dubai, Dubai until they went pop in the financial crisis - Abu Dhabi underwrote them then.

Now its Qatar,Qatar,Qatar because fo Harrods (that advertised its Sale on TV for the first time as they are losing money on that glamour purchase) and the World Cup (will is already being scaled back to save costs etc). I wonder how long before some WC games are offered to AD to save money?

But AD has the F1, Ferrari World etc which are real quality.

I find it all a bit yawntastic in truth ;-)

The future is still very,very Blue.

that's all true, the point I'm trying to make is although United's squeezing as much as it really can do, it is squeezing more than anybody else and as long as it is at the top(which a debt-free United will allow them to achieve) then they will continue to squeeze the most, restricting our growth naturally.

In all honesty I can Qatar 2022 falling through eventually, Russia will manage imo but as you said just look at Dubai, the tallest building in the world I believe is there and it's named after the ruler of Abu Dhabi.

In essence a debt-free United will still be able to spend more than anybody else in FFPR(along with maybe Arsenal, who are soon to be completely clean), and that would hamper us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.