Qatar Stats - This is Truly Pathetic. What a Joke.

hello said:
I wouldn't have been that arsed it England had lost to the Dutch or spanish bids as they would still put on a world cup for the fans, not just for fifa's corporates to line their swiss bank accounts.

Spot on mate!

Unknown_Genius said:
despite USA 94 being one of the best WC's
Fuck off, what a load of bollocks. There hasn't been a GREAT World Cup since Italia 90. Even Germany was a bit poo.

Unknown_Genius said:
If a country has the infrastructure, isn't in a mess, has the finances, and capacity, I don't see why they can't host a World Cup.
Yes, there are a few reasons why Russia shouldn't hold it - isn't there? Hence the England bid being the best.

And Look at this:

Year Host
1930 Uruguay
1934 Italy
1938 France
1942 Cancelled due to World War II
1946 Cancelled due to World War II
1950 Brazil
1954 Switzerland
1958 Sweden
1962 Chile
1966 England
1970 Mexico
1974 West Germany
1978 Argentina
1982 Spain
1986 Mexico
1990 Italy
1994 United States
1998 France
2002 South Korea / Japan
2006 Germany
2010 South Africa
2014 Brazil
2018 Russia
2022 Qatar

Italy twice
Germany twice
France twice
Brazil twice.
Mexico twice.
All HUGE footballing nations.
So why not the home of football twice? The next crack we will get at it is in 2030 now!

Israel recently fielded an under 19 team featuring 6 non jews in the starting 11
selim said:
Balti said:
so there is no racism shown to israeli jews then?

Can you separate the two please ?jews and Israelis are not the same term you know that?
Not allowing Israelis in is a wrong thing for me but it is not on racial basis,It is politics,a kind of solidarity with fellow Palestinains till they have their own country,then the Israelis will be allowed in .There is already an Arabian initiative on the table of the Israelian government from about 10 years ago,An independat palestinian state in exchange of normal relations with all the Arab countries and you don't have to be a genius to know how the Israelis responded.

hello said:
I wouldn't have been that arsed it England had lost to the Dutch or spanish bids as they would still put on a world cup for the fans, not just for fifa's corporates to line their swiss bank accounts.

Don't forget that Blatter wants a Nobel Piece Price...honestly. PFFFWWAAAAHHHHHH....yes fucking right. He will be taken out by a hit man before that happens.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Beginning of the end for Blatter - he will be hounded down from all quarters

I agree, except for the 22 other sycophants that co-exist in his cosy little cartel and desperately want his backing to eventually replace him.

Q8-Blue said:
I'm living in the us currently actually im waiting in the dentists waiting room for an apointment no one around me cares about fifa or soccer no one looks sad about losing the 2022 bid heck they dont even knownwhats going on in the footballing world, but hey they know who the seahawks played monday night. Arabs are football mad, just go to any hookah cafe or your average living and you'll always hear a debate about football.

This is horse shit to be honest. I'm an American and I know plenty who paid rapt attention to the announcement today and were appalled by the decision. But assuming your statement is correct, surely that should be reason to give the WC to America since their stated aim is to "grow the game" worldwide. America being one of the largest countries in the world, it would be a massive feather in the cap of FIFA to achieve even more acceptance than they already have.

Remember Mexico only had it the second time because the competition was supposed to be in Colombia, but that had to be stopped. Mexico stepped in...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.