Qatar Stats - This is Truly Pathetic. What a Joke.

There will be floods of fans flying in from Africa.

The average man on the street can't get enough of it after the last extravaganza.

TVI said:
There will be floods of fans flying in from Africa.

The average man on the street can't get enough of it after the last extravaganza.

You think?

Desperate last minute give aways of tickets to the local population saved some face mate but don't for a minute think that SA is now a footballing nation. It was a minority sport before and still is.

99% of the population will have bigger fish to fry come 2018/22 than booking flights and tickets, trust me.

blueinsa said:
NewbBlue said:
Why so much bitching and crying?

South Africa was worse than Qatar could ever be.

Qatar will have beautiful venues with peace and quiet, beats the hell out of playing football in a bee hive. Temperature controlled pitches with no rain, either.

No one is saying that SA was any good mate. I was there....it was indeed, SHIT!

The same will apply to Qatar unfortunately because the interest is just not there in football.

Instead of playing politics, Blatter should do what's best for the game and that is to give it to countries with the history, passion and ability to stage it with the maximum enjoyment for the thousands of fans that are the lifeblood of the game.

What countries would these be? Just European countries? That would rule the USA out, as thats not a historical football country, despite USA 94 being one of the best WC's, having great attendances, and the infrastructure all being there. Australia, Japan, Korea, would all not be able to host it, by that reasoning. If a country has the infrastructure, isn't in a mess, has the finances, and capacity, I don't see why they can't host a World Cup.

After reading the whole thread ,can't say i'm really surprised.At the end of the day we are Arabs,we don't deserve to hold such a big event!
PMSL at the "racism" comments.

selim said:
After reading the whole thread ,can't say i'm really surprised.At the end of the day we are Arabs,we don't deserve to hold such a big event!

so there is no racism shown to israeli jews then?

Unknown_Genius said:
blueinsa said:
No one is saying that SA was any good mate. I was there....it was indeed, SHIT!

The same will apply to Qatar unfortunately because the interest is just not there in football.

Instead of playing politics, Blatter should do what's best for the game and that is to give it to countries with the history, passion and ability to stage it with the maximum enjoyment for the thousands of fans that are the lifeblood of the game.

What countries would these be? Just European countries? That would rule the USA out, as thats not a historical football country, despite USA 94 being one of the best WC's, having great attendances, and the infrastructure all being there. Australia, Japan, Korea, would all not be able to host it, by that reasoning. If a country has the infrastructure, isn't in a mess, has the finances, and capacity, I don't see why they can't host a World Cup.

Ok, hows about the NFL give the super bowl to lets say....North Korea as a way of spreading the game?

They wont and rightly so.

No problem with nations earning the right to play in tournaments and once they have managed to have some success, then they can host the tournaments by right. USA are an established Football nation now, your team has earnt the right but just like us, you too got Blattered today.

Football isn't some political hot potato mate, its everything to a lot of people and what is happening under Blatter is a fooking joke!<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:51 pm --<br /><br />
selim said:

Your comment is rubbish pal. Not one poster has said anything other than Qatar as a nation has done nothing to earn the right to host the World Cup. An opinion held for footballing reasons and nothing to do with Arabs!

selim said:

Most are just reacting to their stinging fannies from losing 2018.

Qatar will be a great host.

Balti said:
selim said:

so there is no racism shown to israeli jews then?

Can you separate the two please ?jews and Israelis are not the same term you know that?
Not allowing Israelis in is a wrong thing for me but it is not on racial basis,It is politics,a kind of solidarity with fellow Palestinains till they have their own country,then the Israelis will be allowed in .There is already an Arabian initiative on the table of the Israelian government from about 10 years ago,An independat palestinian state in exchange of normal relations with all the Arab countries and you don't have to be a genius to know how the Israelis responded.

I'm living in the us currently actually im waiting in the dentists waiting room for an apointment no one around me cares about fifa or soccer no one looks sad about losing the 2022 bid heck they dont even knownwhats going on in the footballing world, but hey they know who the seahawks played monday night. Arabs are football mad, just go to any hookah cafe or your average living and you'll always hear a debate about football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.