QF 1st Leg Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a vacuum, it's hard to get too upset - yes we played like shit, but we're not out and we still have a shot.

I think what really frustrates me is that it's the same story year after year in the knockout rounds of the group stage. No matter the manager, no matter the team selection, we always fall flat around this time in the Champions league, and I'm just not sure why. Every year we go into it and I think "this is the year we make some noise, we're just as talented as every team left" - and we come out and play lifeless and scared. So I think I'm more frustrated at the accumulation of the past 8 years rather then this result because we could turn them over at the Etihad (although I don't think that's likely)

Pep says KDB on bench was tactical: “I decide to play with two holding midfielders. It’s (fitness) not the issue. I know it’s tough for him. We have the second leg, we spoke about that. We have 180 minutes, we played to score but we couldn’t. It looks complicated but we will try.

Sometimes 1-0 is better than 0-0 as you know exactly what you need to do. Of course in football you analyse the result and that’s not a good perspective for us. Maybe when I analyse the game I’ll change my mind but I feel we played well.”

I watched it and we played in the main shit, passed up a glorious freebie to take the lead and then played pretty poor by our own high standards, the biggest waste of space was Mahrez, he did nothing going forward, absolutely nothing, the midfield was non-existent and we were toothless in attack, the defence was jittery all night long.

Still it is 1-0 and we can surely beat those fuckers in the 2nd leg because they were as bad if not worse than ourselves.

Losing without an away goal makes it extremely difficult. Pep overthought the game again. No Kev or Leroy until, 89th minute? Made me question his sanity and my own.

I don’t believe that Spuds shaded it. They had one chance and due to our poor defending they scored (although it was good finishing there was an element of luck too). Our penalty was poor and let’s be honest you can’t afford to miss penalties in the away leg of a quarter final. It felt like ever since we got the penalty they had every decision go for them.
Although we were pretty shit on the night I wasn’t impressed with Spuds and I think we can do them at home. Any chance of Zinch for the next leg?
spurs did nothing beside that goal we will smash them at ours trippier and rose are awful and with sane and sterling we will show just how bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.