QPR in for Johnson

Now why doesn't it surprise me that it was written by AA? For your information, AA are no better than a religious cult. I think it is much more helpful to address problems with drugs and alcohol by dealing with the actual addiction rather than surrender yourself to a non-existent higher power. I find it extremely disturbing that there is such an emphasis on the lack of control an individual [or 'your man' as they so weirdly put it] has over addiction, and that in order to overcome alcoholism, you not only have to acknowledge that there is a God, but that you cannot overcome your addiction without the help of God.

I think people would be much more successful in beating alcoholism if they were in control of their own lives.

Besides, do you have any proof whatsoever that Michael Johnson is an alcoholic other than people seeing him in clubs a few times?

I'm a psychologist by the way, but thanks for patronising me.[/quote]

Who said that anyone HAD to believe in anything? I believe that is an assumption that you have made. Nobody ever said anyone HAD to do anything. Last time I looked, this was a free country, where anybody could do anything they liked (within the confines of the law).

This is just one way of dealing with an alcohol problem (one which strangely seems to have got under your skin, even though it has helped millions of people & their families escape the horrors of alcoholism & drug addiction).

And just to be clear, the 12 Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous is ALL about personal responsibility! 100%! So IF Michael Johnson has a problem with alcohol, it is 100% HIS responsibility to accept that & decide to do something about it. I would never makes such an assumption about another individual.

Finally, I don't understand the phrase that you keep using "you're man"! Has somebody told you that this is a phrase used by alcoholics to describe other alcoholics, because it isn't?

vonksbignose said:
alabaster said:
Now why doesn't it surprise me that it was written by AA? For your information, AA are no better than a religious cult. I think it is much more helpful to address problems with drugs and alcohol by dealing with the actual addiction rather than surrender yourself to a non-existent higher power. I find it extremely disturbing that there is such an emphasis on the lack of control an individual [or 'your man' as they so weirdly put it] has over addiction, and that in order to overcome alcoholism, you not only have to acknowledge that there is a God, but that you cannot overcome your addiction without the help of God.

I think people would be much more successful in beating alcoholism if they were in control of their own lives.

Besides, do you have any proof whatsoever that Michael Johnson is an alcoholic other than people seeing him in clubs a few times?

I'm a psychologist by the way, but thanks for patronising me.

Who said that anyone HAD to believe in anything? I believe that is an assumption that you have made. Nobody ever said anyone HAD to do anything. Last time I looked, this was a free country, where anybody could do anything they liked (within the confines of the law).

This is just one way of dealing with an alcohol problem (one which strangely seems to have got under your skin, even though it has helped millions of people & their families escape the horrors of alcoholism & drug addiction).

And just to be clear, the 12 Step Program of Alcoholics Anonymous is ALL about personal responsibility! 100%! So IF Michael Johnson has a problem with alcohol, it is 100% HIS responsibility to accept that & decide to do something about it. I would never makes such an assumption about another individual.

Finally, I don't understand the phrase that you keep using "you're man"! Has somebody told you that this is a phrase used by alcoholics to describe other alcoholics, because it isn't?

Well you have clearly never read the twelve steps and the fact that you're asking me what I mean when I say 'you're man' (which, incidentally, I have not said. I said 'your man') shows that you haven't even read the ludicrously written passage you quoted. Read the quote you posted from from the AA book again. It repeatedly says 'your man'. Are you really that thick? Maybe you've had a few yourself. Since you clearly don't know what you're talking about, read through the twelve steps:

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Steps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twelve_Steps</a>

The first step involves admitting you are powerless over alcohol. That doesn't sound very empowering to me. Most of the other steps involve either acknowleding there is a God or admitting that without God, addictions cannot be beaten.

And, I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but millions of people have overcome alcoholism without the help of AA. In fact, I'd be willing to bet everything I own that more people have beaten alcoholism without the 'help' of AA than with their help.

I suggest you read this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-effectiveness.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-effectiveness.html</a>

It's not a case of AA getting under my skin. It is just that is bollocks and people need to realise that.

Now kindly stop going on about this bullshit organisation. This topic was about Johnson going to QPR. This is not a place for you to post crap about organisations of dubious effectiveness.

And could you stop messing about with the quotes? It's a pain in the arse having to go through the HTML and correct your mistakes.

Johnson is an average player at best. Do not keep making out he is something he is not. As for selling him I would get rid as soon as possible. He is not motivated and is lazy. He has been like this for some time now and we need to get rid straight away. All the clowns on here saying he will be an England player etc... are the same idiots who said samaras, vasell, jo, SP and Keegan would be great. Johnson is a complete pisshead and a waster and not wanted at City. Lets get someone who actually wants to play for us, how radical is that.

There's something a lot of people don't seem to grasp when they say "get rid", "ship him out ASAP" etc.

City, in their infinite wisdom, handed that greedy little twat a 40k-a-week contract last year that has at least another 4 years to run on it. That's 40k a week after having played 30 games for the first team and playing like a 40k-a-week player in roughly 5 of them.

No other club is going to match that. So he would have to volunteer to take a pay cut. Can you imagine him doing that? ("Now Michael, you can drop down to 25k a week, but you'll have to train hard everyday and put a 90-minute shift in twice a week. Or you can stay on your bar stool at City and pick up 40k a week for the next four years.") Nah, me neither.

The only way City could move him on would be to pay 10-15k of his wages for his next club. So, they may as well keep him and get some top psychologists working with him to solve his depression or whatever is wrong with him, because he has undoubted talent.

Oh, and moving to London in his current state would destroy him once and for all. So I certainly hope he doesn't do that.

check out this article i found in the 442 archives. have to admit that jessica alba and zizou are cracking choices.

<a class="postlink" href="http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/boysabitspecial/17/article.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/boysa ... ticle.aspx</a>

dont think we should get rid of him just yet but if he doesnt get fit soon then the city ship may pass him by.

If Michael Johnson is indeed struggling with alcohol (and a few sightings of a young man partying in Manchester most certainly do not evidence this), then surely his employers have a duty of pastoral care and protection from the media?
Folks on here stuck by the likes of Joey Barton in light of some despicable, well reported and evidenced episodes, yet round with astounding hypocrisy on a promising and undoubtedly talented Manchester City player who continues to suffer setbacks, both physical and mental, in the course of recovery from long term injury.
The club either employs or is in contact with expertise far in excess of any of us, and will decide an appropriate course of action in order to get Michael well and playing as we know he can as soon as possible, which is really what we all want. If a loan to QPR or elsewhere speeds this, then so be it. I for one wish Michael Johnson all the best and look forward to seeing him back in the colours.

johnny on the spot said:
If Michael Johnson is indeed struggling with alcohol (and a few sightings of a young man partying in Manchester most certainly do not evidence this), then surely his employers have a duty of pastoral care and protection from the media?
Folks on here stuck by the likes of Joey Barton in light of some despicable, well reported and evidenced episodes, yet round with astounding hypocrisy on a promising and undoubtedly talented Manchester City player who continues to suffer setbacks, both physical and mental, in the course of recovery from long term injury.
The club either employs or is in contact with expertise far in excess of any of us, and will decide an appropriate course of action in order to get Michael well and playing as we know he can as soon as possible, which is really what we all want. If a loan to QPR or elsewhere speeds this, then so be it. I for one wish Michael Johnson all the best and look forward to seeing him back in the colours.

At last. A rational and balanced comment. Well said Johnny.

alabaster said:
johnny on the spot said:

At last. A rational and balanced comment. Well said Johnny.

Well said mate totally agree with you here , johno has potential to be a key figure in our future.

kevinmcfc said:
Johnson is an average player at best. Do not keep making out he is something he is not. As for selling him I would get rid as soon as possible. He is not motivated and is lazy. He has been like this for some time now and we need to get rid straight away. All the clowns on here saying he will be an England player etc... are the same idiots who said samaras, vasell, jo, SP and Keegan would be great. Johnson is a complete pisshead and a waster and not wanted at City. Lets get someone who actually wants to play for us, how radical is that.

no way is johnno average, a pisshead, lazy or whatever but he is'nt average. the boy has class, which makes it more of a tragedy than ever.
i truly hope we can get him back on course, everyone deserves a second chance.
as for the qpr story i think they would match his salary, they will have to in order to attract this level of player to drop a division.as we do in the likes of kaka etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.