QPR Post Match

Chippy_boy said:
Marvin said:
Point gained

You have to remember that this was our 3rd game in 6 days. Some players like Clichy really shouldn't have played but had to because Kolarov was out.

We had no fresh players to use today except maybe Nasri and he's just coming back from injury. Sagna is not good enough.

We survived and can re-group. Wasn't a good performance, but did you expect that after the week we've had? No chance

We can come back in the title-race. It's going for Chelsea at the moment, but there's a long way to go.

Positive attitude but I think you're dreaming Marvin. I can't see us clawing back an 8 point gap, let alone when we are playing utter utter garbage and them playing really solid. The gap's going to get bigger not smaller.

Honestly, in terms of silverware aspirations I think our season is finished. Doubtless some will say that makes me a shit fan, but I don't think it does. I will continue to support us through thick and thin, but I can't see us winning anything this season.

Ah well, can't win something every season. We should be very fortunate to the owners for what they've brought to this club. I'm all up for wanting to see us win every game but when did our fans turn into such bad losers when we go through a bad phase?

Forget the title.

In fact the one consolation is that we haven't got a game for a couple of weeks. We need everybody fit as soon as possible and start picking our best eleven, although on current form, that means Aguero and ten others.

cookster said:
[quote="Marvin"I think some fans are totally clueless

This game followed on from a really really bad night for City. We just played the Derby on Sunday, then played with 9 men in midweek and we play again today.

Not saying we played well, but you have got to understand the circumstances in which the game was played and adjust your expectations accordingly

We'll be back soon enough

Whereas you're a genius Marvin. Still waiting for Manure to collapse as you were predicting a couple of seasons ago.

Champions don't adjust their expectations![/quote]

United have totally collapsed from where they were a few seasons back

Benarbia said:
Don't think the players aguero aside have any fight in them
We know that several of the starters today don't fight, it was hardly rocket science that Clichy, Sagna, Nasri, and Navas in the starting line up weren't going to have the fight for that game. Zab and Milner on the bench was a master stroke for 'arry.

Add all of that to two players struggling to find their feet in the PL, we are lucky we drew the game.

Virtually no leadership in that team, apart from the striker, who thankfully kept us in the game.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Bluemanc100 said:
Slightly gutted we didn't get Hazard and Isco over the line.

Tixi didn't want to pay a few million extra to agents.

That's worked out well for us, hasn't it?!
Board approves the budget. not txiki

Midfield is massively letting us down this year, thus putting more strain on the defence. Only Milner and Silva can claim to have played consistently so far. Yaya looks like he can't give a fuck, regression has truly started.

Serg is truly carrying is right now.

Created the odd half chance. That in itself isn't good enough. Nowhere near. We lack creativity without Silva, no one can do what he does. Nasri is okay, but is generally on the periphery of the game for the majority of the time.

Defensively, we are a shambles. We got away with it last year by scoring so many goals. We aren't scoring a lot this season, hence the results now depend on how solid or generally weak our defence is in a game. Mangala isn't good enough at the moment, perhaps like Demi, he will take time. Even still, for a £32 MILLION POUND defender, he has to do better than what he is.

Fernando, brought in as a defensive midfielder, doesn't stick in that position anywhere near enough to warrant that status as a defensive midfielder. All too often he's there bombing forward and when we lose the ball we're left usually 2v2 at the back. Not doing the basics right; simple passes going wayward, weak in tackles hence their 2nd goal. Whoever is in charge of our recruitment needs to take a serious look at themselves. Our best signing is Lampard. On loan. That just says it all really.

Another thing is people are seriously calling for Pellers to be sacked!? Just WOW. A few bad results and we want him out. He picked the team we wanted tonight, and we drew. The players are getting too much of an easy ride recently. They won the league last year. They're the ones who are 'world class' and win games. There's only so much MP can do. IMO, he did everything right tonight, Dzeko getting injured so quick threw his subs into turmoil. "He's too nice and can't get them motivated" These are professional footballers, they shouldn't need motivating form a manager!!

Chippy_boy said:
Marvin said:
Point gained

You have to remember that this was our 3rd game in 6 days. Some players like Clichy really shouldn't have played but had to because Kolarov was out.

We had no fresh players to use today except maybe Nasri and he's just coming back from injury. Sagna is not good enough.

We survived and can re-group. Wasn't a good performance, but did you expect that after the week we've had? No chance

We can come back in the title-race. It's going for Chelsea at the moment, but there's a long way to go.

Positive attitude but I think you're dreaming Marvin. I can't see us clawing back an 8 point gap, let alone when we are playing utter utter garbage and them playing really solid. The gap's going to get bigger not smaller.

Honestly, in terms of silverware aspirations I think our season is finished. Doubtless some will say that makes me a shit fan, but I don't think it does. I will continue to support us through thick and thin, but I can't see us winning anything this season.

Well being a realist this is how it is at the moment.

We are out of the League Cup.
We are mathematically still the the Champions League, but lets face it we're out.
We are 8 points behind Chelsea that so far have looked solid and business like playing with a settled back 5 (which is a major factor in my opinion). They have been away to the Dippers, Rags, and us. We couldn't beat them and I can't see which team is currently going to take points off them.

So realistically top three finish and a cup run in the FA Cup is all we've got to look forward to for the remaining 6 months of the season.

Chippy_boy said:
Marvin said:
Point gained

We won't but as Tolmie and others have said this squad has most likely gone as far as it can go.

It will only get worse as the season progresses.

There is probably only 4 /5 players we have that are up to standard now the rest need to be shipped out over the next three transfer windows at best but no more than 4 windows.

You can already tell Mangala and Fernando are not suited to the premiership.

Too harsh and too premature many would say.

Neither will be with us in two years time mark my words.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.