QPR Post Match

BlueSniffer said:
http://www.sportsgrid.com/soccer/this-poor-poor-girl-takes-yaya-toures-shot-to-the-face/
<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=307538" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=307538</a>

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Tonight summed it up for me, we are average team but for Kompany, Silva, Kuns and sometimes Joes efforts we wouldn't have won a pot to piss these last few years. Wasted a lot of cash on shit

I totally agree.

Wow so you are saying if you take the best players out of the team they don't win... No shit Sherlock

CC1 said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Tonight summed it up for me, we are average team but for Kompany, Silva, Kuns and sometimes Joes efforts we wouldn't have won a pot to piss these last few years. Wasted a lot of cash on shit

I totally agree.

I totally disagree. You don't win the league twice in 3 years, and finish runners up in the middle year, plus win one of the other domestic cups with just 4 good players. Don't judge the team on just 2 months - during which we've managed to stay in the top 3. Average my a****

I agree with the original post in some sense. We have a very good core of players. Kompany, Hart, Silva, Aguero, Toure, Zabaleta. All very good overall and all occasionally go through the odd injury and bad spell. It's everything around them though that's the problem. Both title wins were very narrow. Doesn't change the fact we were the champions. But most of the time it's as if those core of players are doing all the heavy work. A few years ago when Mancini first walked through the door and just before him, the club laid down the gauntlet and went out without hesitation and brought in the likes of Aguero, Toure, Silva. We knew fully well we were buying three world class players. The rest have been in hope that we can get something out of them. It's a shame that we haven't pushed the boundaries as far as we can as we really haven't reached our full potential yet. It's as if half a job was done and the rest of it was just left incomplete...

But if we really want to compete with the "elite". We have to have quality all over the park. We may find some form in the league, but we'll always fall short in europe unless we have the players to go and do it. Unless we just wing it one year like Chelsea did.

that was shocking ... .the players looks like pitch is the last place to be for a lot of them...maybe the break will be a good for us and for the mental of them...i really hope we will startto click otherwise....we may be in danger losing the 2nd place too at the end

OB1 said:
cleavers said:
OB1 said:
You can see in the prematch thread the team that I would have picked and it was today's but with Zab and Milner in for Sagna and Navas. However, I also said there that the side picked should have been able to beat that QPR and it should have been but it obviously required players to perform at the right sort of level but too many were too far off their best. So it was not good enough and I agree that we lacked some real leadership but I don't think Navas and Sagna were our big problems today.
I wasn't really around pre-match, but sounds like your team would have been mine.

I still think the line up tonight was piss poor, with a break to come Zab should play because Vinny is out.

Nasri should never play in front Clichy, Navas ditto Sagna.

I wouldn't play Sagna, as I think he's poor defensively, and offers nothing further forward.

We knew a battle was likely, so who would you pick in a battle Nasri or Milner ?

QPR have been playing 10 behind the ball, virtually every game, yet tonight have been on the attack, why ? Because they knew that through our middle we are soft, even with an extra player there, when Mangala, and Fernando are so far short of ready for the PL especially in difficult games away from home.

I'm not singling out any of those players for a slagging, just pointing out that all of them collectively are weak at the moment, and when missing 2 of our key players in Kompany and Silva, we need stronger minds all across the pitch.

Poor management tonight for me, easy for me to say in hindsight, but as soon as I saw the line up at 5:25pm I was very worried we'd get beat, the positive I'll take is that we did manage to get the point, thanks to Joe, the referee, Yaya and Sergio.

I think we would have had a tough game whatever starting line-up we had picked; especially with Vinnie, Silva and even Kolarov unavailable.

I don't see the choice as a Milner vs Nasri but Milner v Navas on this occasion but, although Milner is tougher than Nasri, I would not accuse Nasri of not battling hard enough today. I think Nasri did fine for a player coming back from an op / injury.

Not the team I would have picked but I think you are a bit harsh on the manger over his selection.

The question over Milner is rapidly becoming whether or not he should be used in the middle because the Ferns are both failing to perform well enough and the fact that I am saying that is a real concern because I am not normally a proponent of using Milner in there.

I do believe that Nando is capable of more and we know Dinho is but, stone me, I am starting to miss Garcia.

Oddly enough so am I. He might have been slower than a Norfolk remedial class, but he held his position in front of the centre halves and he passed the ball to a City shirt, and until Lampard came on, he would have been pretty unique in that capacity in the City midfield today.

Things that drove me to distraction this evening were physical and mental weakness, the number of times we gave the ball away cheaply, the fact that we were second to everything, that we lost every header, and that we put ourselves under pressure with stupid balls across the back four.

For 30 minutes we were dogshit and could have been 4 down, but thereafter a few positives kick in. We at last showed some fucking fight, we dominated most of the 2nd half, we created some really good chances, and if it had gone on another 5 minutes we would surely have won. Contrary to some on here, I thought Sagna had his best game in a City shirt (not saying much I know), Nasri improved as the game went on, Navas was half decent as well, Lampard came on and looked calm and used the ball well, and of course we have in Sergio the best player in the league by a distance.
Ya Ya was a disappointment in an advanced role though, Fernandinho's still well below his best, and Clichy I won't even start on.

Those bellyaching about the performance being absolute gash, need to give their heads a bit of a wobble. It was shagging it down, Dean indulged non stop fouling by Zamora and Austin all afternoon, much of it fucking dangerous stuff like charging into or backing under (with no intention of playing the ball) City players who were mid-jump, so that they were flipped into the turf head first, we could have wilted but we didn't, and we finished the game well on top having had 23 shots at goal away from home. It wasn't Socrates and Zico's Brazil, but nor was it Cambridge United under John Beck, and after the fortnight we've had, we may look back at this as a decent point and the day we started righting the ship

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
CC1 said:
tiggsywiggsywoo said:
I totally agree.

I totally disagree. You don't win the league twice in 3 years, and finish runners up in the middle year, plus win one of the other domestic cups with just 4 good players. Don't judge the team on just 2 months - during which we've managed to stay in the top 3. Average my a****

I agree with the original post in some sense. We have a very good core of players. Kompany, Hart, Silva, Aguero, Toure, Zabaleta. All very good overall and all occasionally go through the odd injury and bad spell. It's everything around them though that's the problem. Both title wins were very narrow. Doesn't change the fact we were the champions. But most of the time it's as if those core of players are doing all the heavy work. A few years ago when Mancini first walked through the door and just before him, the club laid down the gauntlet and went out without hesitation and brought in the likes of Aguero, Toure, Silva. We knew fully well we were buying three world class players. The rest have been in hope that we can get something out of them. It's a shame that we haven't pushed the boundaries as far as we can as we really haven't reached our full potential yet. It's as if half a job was done and the rest of it was just left incomplete...

But if we really want to compete with the "elite". We have to have quality all over the park. We may find some form in the league, but we'll always fall short in europe unless we have the players to go and do it. Unless we just wing it one year like Chelsea did.

yeah. I agree we needed to buy a few more youngish world class players in the summer but unfortunately Gill, Platini and Ruminigge used FFP to stop us. Once we get past that hurdle, we'll move forward again - quite dramatically. However, what irritated me by the original post is that he said we only had 4 good players. You have included a couple more and 6 world class players is quite a lot in any team!! Chelsea were able to strengthen significantly this summer and have a huge, classy squad. We are years behind the original 'rich' teams but our new money will become 'old' money soon and even if we are classed as the 'nouveau riche' we'll be one of the top 16 in Europe

Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:
cleavers said:
I wasn't really around pre-match, but sounds like your team would have been mine.

I still think the line up tonight was piss poor, with a break to come Zab should play because Vinny is out.

Nasri should never play in front Clichy, Navas ditto Sagna.

I wouldn't play Sagna, as I think he's poor defensively, and offers nothing further forward.

We knew a battle was likely, so who would you pick in a battle Nasri or Milner ?

QPR have been playing 10 behind the ball, virtually every game, yet tonight have been on the attack, why ? Because they knew that through our middle we are soft, even with an extra player there, when Mangala, and Fernando are so far short of ready for the PL especially in difficult games away from home.

I'm not singling out any of those players for a slagging, just pointing out that all of them collectively are weak at the moment, and when missing 2 of our key players in Kompany and Silva, we need stronger minds all across the pitch.

Poor management tonight for me, easy for me to say in hindsight, but as soon as I saw the line up at 5:25pm I was very worried we'd get beat, the positive I'll take is that we did manage to get the point, thanks to Joe, the referee, Yaya and Sergio.

I think we would have had a tough game whatever starting line-up we had picked; especially with Vinnie, Silva and even Kolarov unavailable.

I don't see the choice as a Milner vs Nasri but Milner v Navas on this occasion but, although Milner is tougher than Nasri, I would not accuse Nasri of not battling hard enough today. I think Nasri did fine for a player coming back from an op / injury.

Not the team I would have picked but I think you are a bit harsh on the manger over his selection.

The question over Milner is rapidly becoming whether or not he should be used in the middle because the Ferns are both failing to perform well enough and the fact that I am saying that is a real concern because I am not normally a proponent of using Milner in there.

I do believe that Nando is capable of more and we know Dinho is but, stone me, I am starting to miss Garcia.

Oddly enough so am I. He might have been slower than a Norfolk remedial class, but he held his position in front of the centre halves and he passed the ball to a City shirt, and until Lampard came on, he would have been pretty unique in that capacity in the City midfield today.

Things that drove me to distraction this evening were physical and mental weakness, the number of times we gave the ball away cheaply, the fact that we were second to everything, that we lost every header, and that we put ourselves under pressure with stupid balls across the back four.

For 30 minutes we were dogshit and could have been 4 down, but thereafter a few positives kick in. We at last showed some fucking fight, we dominated most of the 2nd half, we created some really good chances, and if it had gone on another 5 minutes we would surely have won. Contrary to some on here, I thought Sagna had his best game in a City shirt (not saying much I know), Nasri improved as the game went on, Navas was half decent as well, Lampard came on and looked calm and used the ball well, and of course we have in Sergio the best player in the league by a distance.
Ya Ya was a disappointment in an advanced role though, Fernandinho's still well below his best, and Clichy I won't even start on.

Those bellyaching about the performance being absolute gash, need to give their heads a bit of a wobble. It was shagging it down, Dean indulged non stop fouling by Zamora and Austin all afternoon, much of it fucking dangerous stuff like charging into or backing under (with no intention of playing the ball) City players who were mid-jump, so that they were flipped into the turf head first, we could have wilted but we didn't, and we finished the game well on top having had 23 shots at goal away from home. It wasn't Socrates and Zico's Brazil, but nor was it Cambridge United under John Beck, and after the fortnight we've had, we may look back at this as a decent point and the day we started righting the ship

That my friend is the best post that I have read all night.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
blueinsa said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Perhaps if you actually did some research. Dortmund have been raped of their best players by the german rags-and you know it.
Dortmund will come good in the league.
Now take a look at his european pedigree and then tell me our owners arent gonna be interested. Fool

Forget the owners......what about you and a few others if he doesnt win every game 10-0?

I wouldn't give a fuck,so long as he doesn't sit theRE on the bench looking lost and without an idea of how to change things for the better,and then coming on tv with a fucking pathetic post match interview such as tonight or Wednesday.Is that ok with you?Or do you wanna run it past DD or MR A? You are in a minority my friend. I would say 80% of city fans would not be bothered if he was sacked any time soon. And then the minority will change their tune as per....

As irony free statements go, that's up there with your very best

OB1 said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:

That my friend is the best post that I have read all night.

Ta. Must have been water on the brain. Got fucking drowned en route this evening!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.