QPR Post Match

Exeter Blue I am here said:
OB1 said:
cleavers said:
I wasn't really around pre-match, but sounds like your team would have been mine.

I still think the line up tonight was piss poor, with a break to come Zab should play because Vinny is out.

Nasri should never play in front Clichy, Navas ditto Sagna.

I wouldn't play Sagna, as I think he's poor defensively, and offers nothing further forward.

We knew a battle was likely, so who would you pick in a battle Nasri or Milner ?

QPR have been playing 10 behind the ball, virtually every game, yet tonight have been on the attack, why ? Because they knew that through our middle we are soft, even with an extra player there, when Mangala, and Fernando are so far short of ready for the PL especially in difficult games away from home.

I'm not singling out any of those players for a slagging, just pointing out that all of them collectively are weak at the moment, and when missing 2 of our key players in Kompany and Silva, we need stronger minds all across the pitch.

Poor management tonight for me, easy for me to say in hindsight, but as soon as I saw the line up at 5:25pm I was very worried we'd get beat, the positive I'll take is that we did manage to get the point, thanks to Joe, the referee, Yaya and Sergio.

I think we would have had a tough game whatever starting line-up we had picked; especially with Vinnie, Silva and even Kolarov unavailable.

I don't see the choice as a Milner vs Nasri but Milner v Navas on this occasion but, although Milner is tougher than Nasri, I would not accuse Nasri of not battling hard enough today. I think Nasri did fine for a player coming back from an op / injury.

Not the team I would have picked but I think you are a bit harsh on the manger over his selection.

The question over Milner is rapidly becoming whether or not he should be used in the middle because the Ferns are both failing to perform well enough and the fact that I am saying that is a real concern because I am not normally a proponent of using Milner in there.

I do believe that Nando is capable of more and we know Dinho is but, stone me, I am starting to miss Garcia.

Oddly enough so am I. He might have been slower than a Norfolk remedial class, but he held his position in front of the centre halves and he passed the ball to a City shirt, and until Lampard came on, he would have been pretty unique in that capacity in the City midfield today.

Things that drove me to distraction this evening were physical and mental weakness, the number of times we gave the ball away cheaply, the fact that we were second to everything, that we lost every header, and that we put ourselves under pressure with stupid balls across the back four.

For 30 minutes we were dogshit and could have been 4 down, but thereafter a few positives kick in. We at last showed some fucking fight, we dominated most of the 2nd half, we created some really good chances, and if it had gone on another 5 minutes we would surely have won. Contrary to some on here, I thought Sagna had his best game in a City shirt (not saying much I know), Nasri improved as the game went on, Navas was half decent as well, Lampard came on and looked calm and used the ball well, and of course we have in Sergio the best player in the league by a distance.
Ya Ya was a disappointment in an advanced role though, Fernandinho's still well below his best, and Clichy I won't even start on.

Those bellyaching about the performance being absolute gash, need to give their heads a bit of a wobble. It was shagging it down, Dean indulged non stop fouling by Zamora and Austin all afternoon, much of it fucking dangerous stuff like charging into or backing under (with no intention of playing the ball) City players who were mid-jump, so that they were flipped into the turf head first, we could have wilted but we didn't, and we finished the game well on top having had 23 shots at goal away from home. It wasn't Socrates and Zico's Brazil, but nor was it Cambridge United under John Beck, and after the fortnight we've had, we may look back at this as a decent point and the day we started righting the ship

Jeez mate, that's one hell of a positive spin. Glass definitely half full. ;-)

Rammy Blue said:
OB1 said:
I think we would have had a tough game whatever starting line-up we had picked; especially with Vinnie, Silva and even Kolarov unavailable.

I don't see the choice as a Milner vs Nasri but Milner v Navas on this occasion but, although Milner is tougher than Nasri, I would not accuse Nasri of not battling hard enough today. I think Nasri did fine for a player coming back from an op / injury.

Not the team I would have picked but I think you are a bit harsh on the manger over his selection.

The question over Milner is rapidly becoming whether or not he should be used in the middle because the Ferns are both failing to perform well enough and the fact that I am saying that is a real concern because I am not normally a proponent of using Milner in there.

I do believe that Nando is capable of more and we know Dinho is but, stone me, I am starting to miss Garcia.

Oddly enough so am I. He might have been slower than a Norfolk remedial class, but he held his position in front of the centre halves and he passed the ball to a City shirt, and until Lampard came on, he would have been pretty unique in that capacity in the City midfield today.

Things that drove me to distraction this evening were physical and mental weakness, the number of times we gave the ball away cheaply, the fact that we were second to everything, that we lost every header, and that we put ourselves under pressure with stupid balls across the back four.

For 30 minutes we were dogshit and could have been 4 down, but thereafter a few positives kick in. We at last showed some fucking fight, we dominated most of the 2nd half, we created some really good chances, and if it had gone on another 5 minutes we would surely have won. Contrary to some on here, I thought Sagna had his best game in a City shirt (not saying much I know), Nasri improved as the game went on, Navas was half decent as well, Lampard came on and looked calm and used the ball well, and of course we have in Sergio the best player in the league by a distance.
Ya Ya was a disappointment in an advanced role though, Fernandinho's still well below his best, and Clichy I won't even start on.

Those bellyaching about the performance being absolute gash, need to give their heads a bit of a wobble. It was shagging it down, Dean indulged non stop fouling by Zamora and Austin all afternoon, much of it fucking dangerous stuff like charging into or backing under (with no intention of playing the ball) City players who were mid-jump, so that they were flipped into the turf head first, we could have wilted but we didn't, and we finished the game well on top having had 23 shots at goal away from home. It wasn't Socrates and Zico's Brazil, but nor was it Cambridge United under John Beck, and after the fortnight we've had, we may look back at this as a decent point and the day we started righting the ship

Out of character I must admit. Maybe it looked worse on the telly, or my glasses were steamed up a lot or something!

Rammy Blue said:

Out of character I must admit!

That's one reason that I enjoyed it so much but also it was from someone at the match who actually has a clue.

OB1 said:
OB1 said:

That my friend is the best post that I have read all night.

I think it's the accumulation of average to dire performances that has people worried. From coasting along at 2-0 up in Moscow we have all of a sudden become a side who looks like they would concede goals against any team whether home or away.

Maybe the criticism is over the top but surely even the most optimistic posters are concerned by what they are seeing. We are all over the place defensively and that means everybody from front to back. We are relying on one player to bail us out time and time again and luckily he does. We could easily have been 3-0 down today before we got going. Why is that?

It's all very well saying last year this and 2011/12 that but currently playing like this we will struggle to get in the top 3 and we could well be out of the CL in the group stages again.

We have our easiest run of games of the season now when we are playing at our worst which unfortunately is a leveller. Energy and desire will sometimes prevail in these situations and some of our players are lacking even this basic requirement.

The break has come at the right time because I think everyone needs a break from this, the players, the manager the fans...everyone. Let's hope we click again and soon because if we don't we have a real fight on our hands.

We actually did get round the back of QPR several times. On another occasion, Sergio and Yaya reach the cross and turn the ball in, and it's "still winning while not playing well - sign of a good team". Not that that explains the inaccurate passing today, surely the worst for a very long time.

As for Pellers' post-match, which I missed, could you understand him? His English seems to get worse in direct proportion to how bad we play. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night, turned on the radio (tuned to the BBC World Service) and got Mourinho previewing today's game, then Pellers - I was half asleep but I didn't get a single word of what he said except the words "attractive football".

When are City going to start some younger players? Most other teams have some 18/21 year old players in their squads. City have none, what is happening at youth level? Quite a few of the first team have become complacent, long contracts and easy money. Time to ship out the dead wood even if it means taking a big financial hit.

Vic said:
We actually did get round the back of QPR several times. On another occasion, Sergio and Yaya reach the cross and turn the ball in, and it's "still winning while not playing well - sign of a good team". Not that that explains the inaccurate passing today, surely the worst for a very long time.

As for Pellers' post-match, which I missed, could you understand him? His English seems to get worse in direct proportion to how bad we play. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night, turned on the radio (tuned to the BBC World Service) and got Mourinho previewing today's game, then Pellers - I was half asleep but I didn't get a single word of what he said except the words "attractive football".

We did but let's not forget that even Liverpool and the rags managed to beat these.

It is not a good result whichever way you look at it.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
OB1 said:

That my friend is the best post that I have read all night.

I think it's the accumulation of average to dire performances that has people worried. From coasting along at 2-0 up in Moscow we have all of a sudden become a side who looks like they would concede goals against any team whether home or away.

Maybe the criticism is over the top but surely even the most optimistic posters are concerned by what they are seeing. We are all over the place defensively and that means everybody from front to back. We are relying on one player to bail us out time and time again and luckily he does. We could easily have been 3-0 down today before we got going. Why is that?

It's all very well saying last year this and 2011/12 that but currently playing like this we will struggle to get in the top 3 and we could well be out of the CL in the group stages again.

We have our easiest run of games of the season now when we are playing at our worst which unfortunately is a leveller. Energy and desire will sometimes prevail in these situations and some of our players are lacking even this basic requirement.

The break has come at the right time because I think everyone needs a break from this, the players, the manager the fans...everyone. Let's hope we click again and soon because if we don't we have a real fight on our hands.

You would have to be a very hardy soul not be concerned but there is a difference between being concerned and some of the behaviour getting exhibited on this forum.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Vic said:

We did but let's not forget that even Liverpool and the rags managed to beat these.

It is not a good result whichever way you look at it.
Don't compare us to Liverpool .
That teams in more of a mess than us .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.