QPR Post Match

waspish said:
Go and watch our 1st 12 games of last season we were just as shocking..

There's a killer difference though and that is Chelsea. Not only are they in form, with points on the board, but they have visibly improved their first team pool. That means they have strengthened: (a) year on year, and (b) relative to us.

Biggest issue for me is despite our talk of having 2 world class players in every position when silva is out its v clear that no one else is anywhere near him in terms of opening up teams and picking killer passes. Nasri is quite simply miles behind in his aspect and we look a totally different team without merlin. Given that if we get him back after the break and serge continues in his worldly form then I'm confident it will all pick up again

East Level 2 said:
The question about buying in January must be based on how high those in charge think we'll finish with the current set up. - That's players and coaching staff as they could be thinking of changes on or off the pitch.
If they think we'll finish in the top three they might settle for that and have a much longer period to plan for next season, but if they think we'll struggle to reach that position we might see a couple of panic buys.
The people running the club don't see missing the CL as an option whatever we fans might think of the corrupt circus.
The other seven in the current top 8 are Chelsea, Southampton, West Ham, Arsenal, rags, Swansea and Liverpool. So can you see us finishing above five of that lot?
Most would think West Ham, Swansea and Southampton won't last the pace but Arsenal might not settle for fourth as they have recently. So assuming those others fade, do you think we can we finish above either the rags or Liverpool with the current set up?

I get why we're all on a downer but which clubs are going to keep us out of the top three, FFS? No way will any of our execs be in that frame of mind.

Eaglechief said:
I was excited by the new players for this season, thinking we had bought top quality in Mangala and Fernando and that they had plugged some gaps in our team, but in reality, they've been shit and exposed our weakness even further.
You don't understand the difference between the Portuguese and English leagues if you have now decided they are "shit".

It takes time for ANY player to adjust to the PL, to think these 2 are any different is plain daft, for them to achieve the adjustment, in a team not living up to its own standards is even more difficult. Anyone writing them off at the moment is just foolish, or doesn't understand the PL.

The same goes if we adjust our transfer targets as I discussed, which is precisely why I said "even if it takes a couple of years", any whole scale change in playing staff, needs to be given time to adapt, and that time needs to be given by supporters as well as the club, which is why 11 games into their City career is NOT the time to judge Mangala or Fernando.

chisnall_blue said:
Biggest issue for me is despite our talk of having 2 world class players in every position when silva is out its v clear that no one else is anywhere near him in terms of opening up teams and picking killer passes. Nasri is quite simply miles behind in his aspect and we look a totally different team without merlin. Given that if we get him back after the break and serge continues in his worldly form then I'm confident it will all pick up again

Nasri started on the left, when he eventually came central he looked miles better but then Pellegrini made a bad sub bringing on Dzeko then replacing the 2nd striker with a midfielder! Flummoxed me that sub, should have brought Jovetic on.

ethan23 said:
Top 2 and a Fa cup will only suffice for Manuel to keep his job...

Do you have that straight from Abu Dhabi ? Because you seem to post as if that is a statement of fact

I was still under the impression Manual had a long term target of five trophies in five years and even if we win nothing this season we are still on target

Brendan110_0 said:
Nasri started on the left, when he eventually came central he looked miles better but then Pellegrini made a bad sub bringing on Dzeko then replacing the 2nd striker with a midfielder! Flummoxed me that sub, should have brought Jovetic on.
Perhaps Jovetic just wasn't fully fit, there are things that go on that we don't know about.

whp.blue said:
ethan23 said:
Top 2 and a Fa cup will only suffice for Manuel to keep his job...

Do you have that straight from Abu Dhabi ? Because you seem to post as if that is a statement of fact

I was still under the impression Manual had a long term target of five trophies in five years and even if we win nothing this season we are still on target

I keep hearing this 5 trophies in 5 years bullshit but how's it possible when he was given only a 3 year contract?

Personally if we finished 2nd and won either the FA Cup or Europa League I'd be very happy. With the FFP restrictions in place that would be a great victory.

The next step would be then to spend big in the summer on players of similar quality to Aguero, Silva, Kompany, Zabaleta, Yaya and Hart.

A left back, a central midfielder and an attacking wide player with pace who can score goals...kinda like Sanchez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.